Hey guys, new update from my situation.
Just like I suspected is the entire Fashion District not working. Not even the normal lot. Until now, Spice Market and Art District work just fine, just like New Crest and Britechester. I haven't tried more than that just yet, mostly because I'm so scared that I'll end up breaking my game even more.
But yeah, Fashion District is a no no for me. It really sucks because my favorite world to play in is San Myshuno and I enjoy apartments a lot but yeah... I'll try Uptown now and let you know as I go on.
Hey guys! Me... again lol
I just wanted to let you know a few things!
First of all, regarding the game: Del Sol Valley is also giving me issues. They're not as bad as Chic Street in SM (instant crash as soon as I get there) but it's more build mode related I think, and also depending on how much I'm doing while in BM. I was able to place a lot from manage worlds, and only saw a small glitch when I was editing it in BM, and then I played in the same lot without glitches (saving the game every 5 seconds). But, when I tried to place another lot from the gallery while inside the lot it started to glitch SO BAD! It didn't crash, but I had to turn off my mac with the button because I couldn't get out the lot, or click on anything really... I couldn't even force exit from the game.
Secondly, I'm doing my homework and trying to let everyone I can about this issue. I reported it in Deaderpool's discord channel and posted about it in the Sims Community page on Facebook just in case someone else is out there with the same issue. If you can, do the same. I think the only way we're fixing this is if we get enough 'Me Too'.
Thirdly, I'm trying to contact EA in every way I can. It's CRAZY hard. This has to be the hardest costumer service/costumer help I had to ever deal with. Not because they're reluctant to help but because there are so many steps, so many 'ways' but they're all really difficult. Only once I was able to get to live chat (the chat closed for some reason before I could get help) with them and I can't find a way to do it again. I tweeted EA help now, hopefully, I'll get an answer there or at least let them know.
And lastly, for some strange reason, I had an update available for my game today. Does everyone has them, too? I tried to google if there was supposed to be an update today but I can't find anything. I haven't tried my game yet. Are updates even the same as patches?
Anyways, typing this makes me realize how stubborn I am, lol. I just really want this fixed.
I'll let you know if anything happens.
Hey, I've been directed here by an agent from the EA technical support chat function.
Here's a list of the issues I have had since downloading nifty knitting :
- My game is stuck in window mode in display options however it appears to me to be in fullscreen. I only noticed that it was stuck in window mode because my edge scrolling wasnt working even though I had turned it on. When I select fullscreen in display options and click apply, I get a pop up asking if I want to keep my selections to which I click the checkmark, once I do that it reverts back to window mode immediately.
- Floor tiles are appearing as black (or sometimes blue) holes in the ground. This problem happens intermittently, as opposed to the window mode issue which is constant.
- My game is repeatedly crashing either instantly upon opening the game or sometimes when I place objects. This problem also happens intermittently.
These issues combined have rendered the game practically unplayable for me since I downloaded Nifty Knitting.
This is a list of troubleshooting options that I have completed (probably not totally comprehensive, this is just all I can remember from days of googling and contacting EA support) :
- I had a few pieces of CC installed which I removed from my game
- I have of course tried the classic fix of turning my Mac on and off again
- I have repaired the game in origin
- I have reset origin
- I have deleted origin and reinstalled it and redownloaded the game and all the packs that I have
- I have tried holding 'option + enter' when opening the game to try force it to boot in fullscreen, this results in the game displaying far larger than usual and me being unable to click on anything (eg new game or load game)
- I have put '-f' in game properties in origin to force the game to boot in fullscreen, this does make any difference at all
- I have performed a safe boot of my Mac
- I have cleared my cache in origin and on my Mac
- I have performed a diagnostics test on my Mac to which it said it had no issues
My software is macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and my laptop is a MacBook Pro which I bought directly from Apple about 3 months ago. I would appreciate any advice you have on how to fix these issues. It is becoming increasingly frustrating as I try each new troubleshooting option only to still have issues.
Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...
Please list all packs you have installed.
Do your problems happen in all worlds?
Do the problems happen in live mode, build mode or both?
For the fullscreen issue - Try toggling fullscreen and windowed mode by holding down CTRL, CMD and F
Flooring and crashing - Move the entire Sims 4 folder to your desktop and launch a brand new clean game. Create a new household, move them into a lot and try to play for a while. Do you still have issues?
Thanks so much for your reply!
More info about my Mac ;
- Model = MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2019)
- Processor = 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
- Memory = 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4
- Graphics = AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
- Graphics/Displays in System Report = AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 4 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x7340
Revision ID: 0x0040
ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019
Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019
EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 5.0.0
Packs I have installed ;
- Cats & Dogs
- City Living
- Discover University
- Eco Lifestyle
- Get Famous
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- Island Living
- Jungle Adventure
- Outdoor Retreat
- Realm of Magic
- Spa Day
- Fitness Stuff
- Laundry Day
- Nifty Knitting
- Tiny Living
My problems happen in all worlds, from what I can tell. I haven't played in every single world since the issues started and due to their sporadic nature its hard to test. The worlds that I know for sure are affected are Sulani, Glimmerbrook, Willow Creek and Britechester.
The problems happen in both live mode and build mode. Crashes most often happen either immediately upon trying to open the game or when I have just placed an item in build mode.
Just tried toggling using CTRL, CMD and F, however I'm having the same issue as when I held down Alt/Option and Enter upon loading up the game, when I toggle to 'fullscreen' I am unable to click on anything in game and my mouse looks like a magnifying glass with a plus sign inside it.
When playing with the brand new clean game I didn't encounter any issues with flooring or crashing (played for about 2 hours), however I still had the same issue with being stuck in window mode.
Just tried the work arounds on page 1. None seemed to work until I just started messing around with my Retina display settings and toggling between window and full screen with Command, Ctrl and F. After turning Retina display on and off and toggling using Command, Ctrl and F multiple times, I went into my graphics settings and it finally said fullscreen and edge scrolling was working! However, when I exit the game and go back into it, it still will only boot in window mode and is stuck like that. After a while of trying to replicate the exact steps that I accidentally followed that fixed it the first time, I have finally found the combination that makes my game finally be in fullscreen. I've been able to replicate this 5 times with this combination and all other combinations I've tried have not worked. The sequence is ;
1. Press Command, Ctrl and F
2. Press Command, Ctrl and F
3. PressCommand, Ctrl and F
4. Turn Retina display off
5. Press Command, Ctrl and F
6. Press Command, Ctrl and F
7. Turn Retina display on
8. Press Command, Ctrl and F
Absolutely bizarre but hey at least it works!
I haven't been having any issues in San Myshuno but I only play in the Torendi Tower Penthouse, but as I was looking through this thread I saw people were having issues with 1310 21 Chic Street, so I loaded it up just now and am having the same graphics glitch someone posted earlier in the thread. I don't play in those apartments often so not a huge issue, but I've attached a screenshot anyway.
It's crazy the amount of issues that this model of MacBook seems to have! Thanks so much for all the advice you've written on this thread though it's been super helpful!