Re: The Sims 4 - Graphics Glitches 3D Lines, Crashing During Gameplay

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Game crashing

★★ Novice

Hi, my game started crashing last week, i haven't play in a while so all the updates were made and than the problem started. I delete the game and install all again but the problem continue.

Sometimes it crash when i first start the game others when i move the camera. I try with lowe graphics but still the same.

Here is the info of my mac. 

Message 321 of 614 (941 Views)

Re: Game crashing

★ Guide

I see you also have an AMD graphics card. Many of us with Macs and these graphic cards have had unplayable games since the 9/2020 patch. Frown

Sounds like you’re another one having the same issues. 

Message 322 of 614 (926 Views)

The Sims 4 - Graphics Glitches 3D Lines, Crashing During Gameplay

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently purchased a 2020 16" MacBook Pro. The graphics card is an AMD Radeon pro 5500M 4GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB. The past week I was playing the Sims 4 without issue.

The past few days, the graphics have began glitching during gameplay. I am seeing 3D lines shooting from objects, and graininess on the screen as well. These flicker on and off the screen everywhere throughout. Recently, it has also began crashing. I am currently using the High graphics setting, I have enabled vertical sync, and turned off edge smoothing. Toggling between window mode and full screen does not help. I have also tried repairing the game, and adjusting my energy saving mode during gameplay.

I haven't changed anything on my settings prior to the issues occurring, so I am at a loss. Frown

Please advise, thank you! See pictures attached.

Message 323 of 614 (963 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having similar issues (and a few more graphics glitches, attached), also on a 2020 16" MBP with the same graphics card. Didn't start having any issues until the night of Wednesday, 10/21.

I've tried removing my CC, running repairs in Origin, resetting my game, and even un- and reinstalling—nothing seems to be working.

Message 324 of 614 (940 Views)

Re: TS4 - Gameplay Glitch 3D Lines and Grainy Screen

★★★ Novice

My MacBook Pro 2019 is having the glitchy lines issues its gotten bad towards where the game just stops. when I force quit the sims my laptop is fine and it isn't hot anymore and shows no issues after closing the sims

Message 325 of 614 (951 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game has glitchy lines across the whole screen

★★★ Novice

My MacBook Pro 2019 is having the glitchy lines issues its gotten bad towards where the game just stops. when I force quit the sims my laptop is fine and it isn't hot anymore and shows no issues after closing the sims

Message 326 of 614 (950 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

★★★ Novice

Hey y'all,

Figured I'd throw in my issues as well.

Model -> MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2020)

- Processor = 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

- Memory = 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4

- Graphics = AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB 

- Operating System: Catalina 10.15.7

I've tried pretty much all of the suggested fixes on the first page to no avail. I've removed switching between graphics cards, tried turning off retina mode, turning off anti-aliasing, reduced graphics settings, etc.

I tried contacting EA support but they were overall not super helpful. They did recommend I reset Origin and that did help temporarily. I don't know why it temporarily helped. Or why the problems came back. 

I still haven't tried deleting origin or uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Sims 4 because it seems like a major hassle but maybe that's my next step?

Especially since the Sims 4 isn't showing up in my applications folder anymore. Like I can open it via Origin or open the game directly by finding it with Spotlight but I don't see it in my applications folder anywhere, even though Spotlight says it's in there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I just had to replace my computer and I really didn't expect to encounter so many issues with the new one.

Thanks!

Message 327 of 614 (945 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

@scarhoax12

The only thing you don't seem to have tried is downloading gfxCardStatus.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 328 of 614 (933 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game has glitchy lines across the whole screen

@yuuyamarie

Merged your post into this ongoing thread for users with 16" MacBook Pros. Please read the opening post and try the accepted solution.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 329 of 614 (931 Views)

@jessicacaso91 @nmjsims

Merged your posts into this one for the 16" MacBook Pro issues. Please read the opening thread for explanation and the accepted solution for a possible workaround.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 330 of 614 (925 Views)