Sims 4 Crashing 2020 New Install

by KaboomxPow

Original Post

Re: Game crashes even after reset

@anapgontijo

I'm not sure what else you can do. Definitely worth keeping an eye on this thread though in case other players come up with any workarounds.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 171 of 614 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I moved the Sims 4 folder from the EA and opened a new game, put any household and loaded it and it was normal, so I moved back my saves folder and it's still working perfectly! :D
Message 172 of 614 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! i am also facing the same dilemma, ive tried all of the methods provided here and no luck! i got my macbook pro 16 inch just last week. i will be keeping my eyes here for updates for sure! its so interesting how this issue affects people with this type of macbook pro.

Message 173 of 614 (1,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora  Thank you for all of your help on this thread.

At this point, I probably won't be responding regularly, and I've switched to a new game. 

This disfunctionality isn't worth my time, and as someone with a regular day job, that I'm trying to keep during CoVid, (as opposed to before, where I was unemployed b/c of Covid-19 and finding work) I can't justify waiting on Sims Content.

I hope EA fixes it, but I really have no hope that they'll even address it. Particularly since they haven't addressed it in the last 3 patches.. despite multiple people on this thread saying they reported it to EA (I reported it 3 times myself). 

I hope it gets fixed in the next few years, but who knows. For now I guess I've just given up. 

Message 174 of 614 (1,118 Views)

Major graphics glitch in San Myshuno

★ Apprentice

06-19-20_6:48:09 PM.pngSo this is what happens when I go into San Myshuno. I have a brand new MacBook Pro 16" with 2.3GHz 8-core (th gen Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB memory, 16GB of 2666MHz DDR4 memory, Is it the computer of the game. San Myshuno is the only place that I have this graphics glitch. The game runs perfectly in every other world.

Message 175 of 614 (1,095 Views)

Re: Major graphics glitch in San Myshuno

@Waterunleashed

It's your Mac. I've merged your post into this thread on the 16" MBPs. There are some very unique issues only happening on these model Macs. Try the workarounds in the opening post and please do post anything you find may be useful to others. This is an ongoing troubleshooting/discussion thread Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 176 of 614 (1,058 Views)

Sims 4 Crashing 2020 New Install

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've reinstalled the game about three times with no luck (I have no mods, no CC). I purchased the Sims4 deluxe and City Living package, but I can't play City Living AT ALL without the game crashing.

I opted to just play in a suburban town, but as soon as I try to join an event, the game crashes again. I've tried taking my gameplay graphics all the way down to low with no luck. The game just keeps crashing. This is frustrating because I just bought this game and I haven't had a pleasant experience at all beyond just making my Sim. I've only accumulated 4 hours of play because of all the crashing and restarting.

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16". Plenty of space. 

Is there a way I can uninstall City Living to see if that's the problem? I don't see an option for that on Origin.

Message 177 of 614 (985 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing 2020 New Install

@KaboomxPow

I've merged your post into this ongoing thread about the 16" MacBook Pros. There are currently some issues with the game and yes, City Living seems to be particularly problematic. You can uninstall it by opening the Sims 4 Packs folder which is in the same install location as the Sims 4 app, usually the User > Applications folder, and trashing the EP03 folder.

Please also see the opening post on page 1 of this thread for further troubleshooting.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 178 of 614 (931 Views)

★ Novice

I'm looking through this thread and is it safe to assume that all of us are just stuck with a game we cannot play? It's very disappointing to have paid so much money without the option of a refund. I've been playing Sims for years and I finally caved for Sims 4. It's really unfortunate 

Message 179 of 614 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anyone know if EA is even aware of the issue? It hasn't been mentioned in any of the patch updates going back to November, at least, and it doesn't show up in any of the bug reports.

We've all contacted the EA Help Chat, but I don't think they're in direct contact with anyone on the Sims team. Has anyone tried to contact one of the Gurus? 

Message 180 of 614 (788 Views)