[WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

by sholaophelia

Original Post

My sim's pictures are turning out pitch black

★ Novice

I play the sims on my Mac Book and I barley got into the sims 4 and I love it but it's just that all my sim's photography turns out pitch black like nothing shows up. I've tried taking the pictures with their cell phones, all three different camera choices, the photo studio, I even got her to the level 10 in photography but still nothing. Please whoever thinks they know how to fix it please reply.

Message 51 of 65 (810 Views)

Re: My sim's pictures are turning out pitch black

@jesval97 merged with a post already existing about this. Please have a look at the solution for a work around.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 52 of 65 (800 Views)

Re: Black Photos/Blank Paintings

★★ Novice

i am experiencing this as well and have been for a couple months. i have read almost ever forum post i could find but nothing worked. i'm on a mac, and i contacted EA support and they said it was most likely a mac problem, i would like to get this fixed !! 

thank you, 

anneke

Message 53 of 65 (787 Views)

Hero

Hi @wwallruss

merged your post with the mac thread on the issue. 

It's related to Retina display. Turn that off until EA can fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 65 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Darn I hope they fix it soon, the Issue still remains. I just lost three Masterpiece portraits today.

That's just weird too me. This Glitch has been happening to others since October? but for me this glitch started happening, for me, in the midst of January...

I'm conflicted now... Weighing the options of Playing with Retina Display on and have a clear crisp game, and no paintings, or Play With it off, and have a fuzzy game with my house decorated with paintings and photographs.

If It's more Likely Apple's problem and not EAs...

Message 55 of 65 (745 Views)

★ Novice

Turning off retina makes my game look strange, is there any other way to fix it? My pictures turn black right after i take them. Im on a mac and its really sad, because i love taking pictures and its annoying that i have to turn off retina everytime. I lost wedding and baby pictures i can never get back. Frown

Message 56 of 65 (704 Views)

Hero

@hydrodginy

I merged your post with the mac thread.

Maybe you'll find some other solution in this thread. I don't know of any

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 65 (695 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Black Photography issues

★★★ Novice

THIS WORKED FOR ME! Retina display was the thing that was making my photos not turn out. THANK YOU SO MUCH. x

Message 58 of 65 (686 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm also on a Mac with black photos and Unchecking retina also fixed it but made my game look unappealing so I switched it back and the photos came out black again. This is obviously a bug.
Message 59 of 65 (662 Views)

@athenavee wrote:
This is obviously a bug.

@athenavee

Yes it is unfortunately.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 60 of 65 (653 Views)