[WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

by sholaophelia

Original Post

TS4 black photos

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

my photos are not working Frown they are turning black? I NEED HELPP?? AND ALSO I DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF RETINA DISPLAY..... someone said it works??

btw im mac Standard smile someone help 

Message 41 of 65 (720 Views)

Re: TS4 black photos

Hero

Hi @AmyMELON

should be an option in your graphics options (Retina Display)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 65 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My photo's are still black, afther i turn off and on the retina display. Not having the same problem with paitings, there ok. 

I contacted EA but they don't answer. 

Someone knows? / I have mac 

Message 43 of 65 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue. Just purchased GtW; I have all the other expansions.   I am on a Mac and use no CCs / mods. My paint by reference hasn't worked since purchasing City Living (Sims just paint a blank canvas.) Now that I have GtW and the photography skill, I'm discovering that photos, whether in inventory or placed on walls, turn out black.    I've tried turning retina display off, but that did not resolve the issue. I've tried flash on / off and on taking photos on different lots, indoors and outdoors. The "quality" of these photos are "outstanding," and yet they still remain black! Pretty disappointed. 
Message 44 of 65 (675 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Black Photography issues

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have the same issue and when I turn off retina display, I have to change the resolution ratio, and after that, the photos aren't black anymore but become very indistinct.

So I wonder if this issue will be solved or not, if yes, when.

And I really want to know if there is any mod that can fix this bug.

Could you help me with that?

Thanks!

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Message 45 of 65 (660 Views)

'Paint from reference' paintings have turned black

★ Novice

So, less than a month ago, I bought this game. This has already happened once to one of my paintings, but now its happened to all of them. All of the paintings that where painted from reference have turned black. I have no Idea how to fix it, and although it's just a game, I'm rather fond of those paintings, since some of them won't be able to be recreated. Someone please help me.

Message 46 of 65 (663 Views)

Re: 'Paint from reference' paintings have turned black

@ilovecats175 are you on Mac or on Windows? And do you have CC/mods?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 47 of 65 (649 Views)

Re: 'Paint from reference' paintings have turned black

Hero

Tagging @ilovecats175 for feedback on OS

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 65 (628 Views)

Sims 4 game problem (photos and paintings)

★ Novice
I was sent here by EA Help twitter account I was speaking with Kent. After my installment of sims 4 city living my sims photos and custom paintings are blank. I have tried repairing the game through Origin and I have no cc or mods installed, I play on a MacBook Pro
Message 49 of 65 (605 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game problem (photos and paintings)

@Belladonna1995 merged with a post about this, please see the solution for the work around. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 50 of 65 (598 Views)