by sholaophelia

Original Post

Re: [RE-Opened] [GTW] Photographs are black

Hero

Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 65 (730 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have had this problem too. Mac.

Message 32 of 65 (719 Views)

Hero

@Lizbliz892

For Macs, turn of Retina display

Merged with appropriate thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 65 (706 Views)

Photos Turning out black

★★★ Newbie

Whenever my Sims take pictures, no matter how high their photography skills are, the pictures come out black! I've tried repairing the game and manually fixing the UI and nothing has worked. If anyone has encountered this situation and has a solution, please let me know! 

Message 34 of 65 (718 Views)

Re: Photos Turning out black

Hero

Are you on a Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 65 (704 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am a Mac

Message 36 of 65 (697 Views)

Hero

Hi @dorisliang08

merged with existing mac thread then

Try turning off retina display

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 65 (690 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

★★★ Guide

Same problem. Am actually hunting for a thread on a diff bug I noticed today, but I ran across this and saw posting is still active, so adding my hardware specs. I saw the current workaround.

MacBook Pro, core i7 2.5 MHz; born mid 2015 (tho bought new fall 2016); this model has 2 gpu: Radeon R9 M370X and intel Iris Pro (integrated); retina LCD. Both Mac OS and origin are config to allow auto update. I run run the game repair thru origin fairly regularly to check for corrupted files. Let me know if more info would help.

Message 38 of 65 (671 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem, along with the paintings I make from reference showing up as a blank canvas. I've tried repairing the game and turning off the retina display but neither seemed to work.

Message 39 of 65 (651 Views)

★ Novice

@lanahexapod wrote:

Having the same problem, along with the paintings I make from reference showing up as a blank canvas. I've tried repairing the game and turning off the retina display but neither seemed to work.

Also on Macbook pro running OS Sierra.. And seems to only effect new paintings/pictures

Message 40 of 65 (649 Views)