[WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

by sholaophelia

Original Post

Re: "Paint from Reference" Returns Blank Canvas

★ Novice

Thanks @crinrict, turning off retina worked for me.  I even turned retina back on during the painting, and it continued to display.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the moment of screen capture, then?

Here's my Sim admiring her masterpiece!  Notice that with the retina setting re-enabled, the image shows up on the canvas but NOT in the thumbnail of my Sim's activity feed.  Interesting...

Message 21 of 65 (976 Views)

My photos Keep turning Black

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The photos I am taking keep turning black, all of them, wether I'm using a purchased camera from the Hobbies & Skills section in build mode, the camera phone, or the photo booth, no matter what size I am using, or if I choose to use a filter or not. The problem is constant and annoying as all get out. 

Message 22 of 65 (970 Views)

Re: My photos Keep turning Black

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SwitchFace808

are you using a mac ?

EDIT: No answer, hence assuming it's Mac issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 65 (952 Views)

Re: Black photos

★ Novice

The same problem appears to me. I'm not Mac user, I've got Windows 7. Some old photos got black that were hanging on the wall, but new ones too. So, might there be a solution for me too?

Message 24 of 65 (955 Views)

Re: My photos Keep turning Black

★ Novice

Hello, I'm sorry im posting this kinda late, but im also experiencing the same issue. I'm on my Macbook and the display card should be new I got my computer last year. All my camera photos on sims are black and if i paint by referencess the canvas is blank. 

Message 25 of 65 (911 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

★★ Novice

I am having this issue too. If I turn off my retina display, it corrects itself, but i wasn't having this problem prior to the last update. I'm playing on a mac, so without the Retina display my graphics are kind of blah Oops, but it bothers me that my photos are black whether they're new or older ones.

Message 26 of 65 (881 Views)

Re: Black photos

★ Novice

I've turned of retina and the photos work but is there any work around yet as unchecking retina display makes game look super choppy and i hate it... Frown

Message 27 of 65 (852 Views)

Re: Black Photos/Blank Paintings

★★★ Newbie
I'm on a Mac, same issue, turn Retina display on and off repeatedly, doesn't fix. On my pc laptop I have no problems.
Message 28 of 65 (817 Views)

Re: Black Photos/Blank Paintings

Hero

@reflexiveprop

moved your post to the corresponding mac thread.

Maybe someone here has a better idea

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 65 (809 Views)

[RE-Opened] [GTW] Photographs are black

★ Novice

I think many people have had the problem that photos taken in the game has turned black when using filters. But for me ALL photos I take turn black, with or without filters. I have tried to take out the mods I have been using and I have repaired my game many times and even reset my whole game, but nothing has worked.

This is really unfortunate since I love taking photos and putting them on the walls!

Message 30 of 65 (811 Views)