Re: [WORKAROUND] 11.17.20 patch - game won't stop loading

by mammallama99

Original Post

Residential Worlds

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I just downloaded a new game pack and created a new family and the residential worlds are not popping up
What do you expect to see? the residential worlds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

yea

Message 561 of 616 (400 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] No worlds showing on main screen

★★ Novice

This same issue happened to me.  Thankfully I was able to right click on the game and choose repair and that took care of it.

Message 562 of 616 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

The Sims have been broken for 2 weeks now!!! My game still freezes and crashes. I have tried repairing and reinstalling. Why isn’t EA doing anything??

Message 563 of 616 (551 Views)

Re: Residential worlds not appearing.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Treefairy13

@rachelkabakk 

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 564 of 616 (420 Views)

★ Novice

I agree, My game keeps crashing, freezing up, get the loop around sounds, like it is stuck and repeating itself over and over. I had to force quit the game eventual just to get it to stop. 

Message 565 of 616 (529 Views)

★★ Novice

I have to do the same as you, and I've repaired my game about 4 times and it still freezes! So annoying! 

I've had to go back to playing sims 3. Hopefully EA get their fingers out and get this fixed soon. 

Message 566 of 616 (530 Views)

Won’t load past start screen

★★★ Newbie

This is what I get when I try to play a saved game. And if I start a new game it won’t load my worlds. It will just sit there on the tips screen for 30min and never load past the plumbbob screen.

Message 567 of 616 (366 Views)

world map not showing worlds after starting a new or old save??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? university, island living, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, cats and dogs seasons, dine out, realm of magic, vampires,parenthood, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, spa day, cool kitchen toddler, kids room, my first pet, tiny living, nifty knitting, movie hangout, bowling, laundry day, perfect patio, lux party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game, the problem occurs when trying to select a world to play in
What happens when the bug occurs? the worlds do not show up in the world map at the start of a game
What do you expect to see? the worlds to show up in the world map at the start of a game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 568 of 616 (415 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, I have taken out all my Mods, repaired the game several times, re-uploaded the folder, nothing is working and it's incredibly frustrating. I am using MacOS if that helps anyone.

Message 569 of 616 (364 Views)

No residencial worlds

★★ Novice

When I open my game and choose in what season I want to live normally but when  I get to choose the world, but no world in showing up for me. image.jpg

Message 570 of 616 (469 Views)