Re: Eternal loading screen, game won‘t open

by 4eversims4

Original Post

Re: Cannot choose world after making new sim and then save file disappears

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I will try this, thank you!
Message 321 of 616 (384 Views)

Sims 4 not Loading

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest one as of nov 20 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them as of nov 20 2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game wont load after pressing play on the main screen, loads forever
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing happens
What do you expect to see? game wont load?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game wont load after pressing play on the main screen. I'm on mac. I have all the expansion packs.

Message 322 of 616 (377 Views)

Re: Eternal loading screen, game won‘t open

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, Im checking in to see if there has been any word about a patch to fix the patch that made things worse. 

Message 323 of 616 (418 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] 11.17.20 patch - game won't stop loading

★★★ Newbie

OMG Thank you so much! That worked Standard smile

Message 324 of 616 (402 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not Loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Damos19--can you try repairing your game through Origin? right-click on it in your library, then choose 'repair' from the options that will appear.

Message 325 of 616 (366 Views)

Re: 11.17.20 patch - game not loading now

★★★ Newbie

Same here - updated and bought snowy escape. Tried to create a new family and couldn’t select a world to move into. Now I can’t even load my previous saves. 

Message 326 of 616 (395 Views)

Sims 4 Family won’t load

★ Novice

I just recently downloaded an expansion pack and two stuff packs. After installing the packs I tried to open and play sims 4. Origin opens and sims 4 will load to the main screen but once i click load family it’s just stays loading. If i begin a new family, I can go through the process but once I leave create a sim the same thing happens. I have tried removing the mods folder and putting it on the home screen but it did not work. 

Message 327 of 616 (350 Views)

Re: Since yesterdays update my sims won't start

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue. When I try to load a save, the plumbob loading screen just goes on for hours and hours - like it's stuck. I have to force quit to get out of the game.

Message 328 of 616 (393 Views)

My game just keep loading

★★★ Newbie

The game is just loading and loading noting is happening what should i do? Please help

Message 329 of 616 (431 Views)

Unable to play/ Forever Stuck in Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current update week of November 16th 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, island living, seasons, pets, city living, go to work - magic, jungle, dine out, outdoors - vintage, patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pressing play on a mac
What happens when the bug occurs? My game won't open, stays stuck in the loading screen forever
What do you expect to see? my game to open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After most current update to fix the stability week of November 16th 2020, my game won't actually load.. I press the play button through Origin, then the play button on the home screen and then it simply loads forever and never actually starts

Message 330 of 616 (470 Views)