Re: [WORKAROUND] 11.17.20 patch - game won't stop loading

by pandapop12345678

Original Post

Re: Recent update on Origin and The Sims 4 - Nov. 18, 2020

★★ Novice

Repair your game in Origin and it actually works!

Heres where I found out how to do it

https://twitter.com/simsvip?lang=en

Message 171 of 616 (490 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] No worlds showing on main screen

@Sefdancer4life  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click (or crtl-click) on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 172 of 616 (538 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same issue and only after the “fix” update. 

Message 173 of 616 (472 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Got it working by repairing the game.

Message 174 of 616 (534 Views)

Sims 4 Won't Load

★★★ Newbie

Hello all! Well, the awful update that caused the Sims 4 to crash all of the time unexpectedly was patched in the last few days, and with this new patch, my game will not even load. Half of my save data appears to be gone, and it gets stuck on the loading screen whenever I try to load a family. Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sims 4 and Origin, yes I have disabled my customs mods...no fix. Anyone else having this issue since the latest "fix" patch. (Mac)

Message 175 of 616 (468 Views)

New update deleted everything & won't load.

★★★ Newbie

So after not opening origin for a few days I opened it to play the sims on November 17th. I noticed it updating. When I updated it it had deleted all of my content and was making me start from scratch with create a sim. I couldn't get out of it. So finally I tried creating a sim and when I did and chose a season to play in the loading page either just kept loading or asked me to select a world to play in. The problem is....there were no worlds to play in! I couldn't select anything. I've tried restarting the game/orgin several times..nothing has worked. I checked in my files and under saved games there is nothing, although the file is in the correct spot according to other forums. Please help...

Message 176 of 616 (505 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★★ Newbie

i’m having this problem tried clicking on the setting and ‘updating game’ it didn’t work. i restarted my mac, logged back in and it’s still not working, i’m trying to repair it right now. if that doesn’t work is there anything else to fix it.?

im getting the infinity loop and blank world select as well. 

ugh so frustrating  

Message 177 of 616 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Sefdancer4lifeworked for me! thanks

Message 178 of 616 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LisaAnn577 @molseke10 @MckayMB @malikico123 @LordBiggusDickus @linaloveslviv @domingoplata @yaykebab @Bean1827 @EmpressLeone @annaleewithers 

I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin, if you haven't already.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Please post back if it doesn't or didn't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 179 of 616 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

EDIT: I should read the "accepted solution" before posting. Standard smile Repair game worked for me.

Also not loading for me. I didn't have the crashing problem that 11/17 fixed. But since the 11/17 update, my saved game won't load. I click the big play button and I just get the blue screen with the spinning plumbob. So frustrating.

This is why I wish Origin would let us play the game without updating! (I know I can turn off my WiFi and then launch the game directly instead of through the Origin client, but then I don't get he Gallery, etc.) I'd prefer to wait a week or so to make sure that the updates they push out don't ruin everything!

Message 180 of 616 (447 Views)