Game not loading after 11/17/20 update

by EvieBeexo

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 2020 November 17 Update Glitch

Hero
@Lola18790 Are you on a mac or windows ?

Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-residential-lists-showing-on-main-screen/m-p/9752330 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 616 (1,934 Views)

Re: November 17th Sims 4 update

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Has anyone found a resolution beyond origin repair? done it 3 times. hasn't worked yet.
Message 122 of 616 (2,058 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not load after updating

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here on Mac, too. 
Have no idea whom to contact -_-

Message 123 of 616 (2,038 Views)

Game not loading after 11/17/20 update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, university, outdoor retreat, eco lifestyle, seasons, dine out, bowling night stuff, laundry day stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In or right after the main menu. Loading game issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the most recent patch update, I have been unable to load the game. It’s stuck on the loading screen 30+ minutes. I’ve reset the game and my laptop multiple times and no change. I tried creating a recovery file of my last save and that has not had an affect.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the game to load so I can start playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Stuck on loading screen 

Message 124 of 616 (2,057 Views)

Sims 4 stuck on loading screen 11/2020

★★★ Newbie

I keep on getting stuck on the loading screen whenever I load a saved file. I can open a new game without a problem, but for some reason none of my saved files work. I don't have custom content. Can anyone help?

Message 125 of 616 (2,041 Views)

Re: Game not loading after 11/17/20 update

★★★ Newbie
@EvieBeexo I´m having the same Problem Frown Playing on Mac as well (in German)
Message 126 of 616 (1,552 Views)

New update: Choose a world screen not showing worlds/save games not loading

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

Problem since the new update:
CAS works, choosing a season works but when you need to pick a world: no worlds show up. 
Also loading an old save game does not work, it is stuck on the loading screen. 

This is a problem I and a friend are both having since the new update (we have both updated today, 18th of November 2020). 

I have disabled all my mods & cc and moved them away, no luck. 
EA send me a list to uninstall origin, repair my disc, update IOS etc.
This is clearly not the problem since the same problem is happening on another Mac. 
Apparently, EA/Sims team do not know about this issue yet. 

Does anyone have any advice?
Or the same problem?

Message 127 of 616 (1,977 Views)

Re: November 17th Sims 4 update

★★★★ Apprentice

Reporting in that I, too, get stuck at the load screen after clicking the > play button in Sims4. Must force quit because the game isn't doing anything or responding. -nosound and without the flag do not change anything.

HOWEVER, repairing plus using "load" instead of using the play button did allow me to get to the world management screen. The play button did not.

So, try using the load button and manually selecting the game you wish to load and see if that workaround helps.

I WAS able to get into the game and resume playing, but I needed to manually select the game I wished to load to do so. I also need to repair every time before loading in the game for the load button to work.

So, try clicking 'load' rather than hitting the big play button!

load times ARE longer than before, but I was able to get into the game.

Save early, save often.

Message 128 of 616 (1,553 Views)

Re: CAS Sims have red & white skin/hair/clothes with question marks

★★★★ Novice

Problem since the new update:
CAS works, choosing a season works but when you need to pick a world: no worlds show up. 
Also loading an old save game does not work, it is stuck on the loading screen. 

This is a problem I and a friend are both having since the new update (we have both updated today, 18th of November 2020). 

I have disabled all my mods & cc and moved them away, no luck. 
EA send me a list to uninstall origin, repair my disc, update IOS etc.
This is clearly not the problem since the same problem is happening on another Mac. 
Apparently, EA/Sims team do not know about this issue yet. 

Does anyone have any advice?
Or the same problem?

I posted this in a new thread. Didn't find this one yet. 
But hey... I guess I am happy to hear I am not the only one?
Hope some one comes with a  solution or there will be a patch for this new patch that patched the old patch. 

Message 129 of 616 (1,549 Views)

Stuck on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure how to find but there was a update about the game crashing before this happened
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure? Sorry I’m new at this game
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I pick the game I want to play. It’s stuck on the loading screen and won’t actually go into the world I pick. I tried waiting for 30 mins. I have shut down my computer multiple times, and origin. Still nothing fix’s it
What do you expect to see? I would just like to be able to play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There should be a pic below. But it’s the green gem with the purple background 

Message 130 of 616 (1,564 Views)