Re: Game unable to load since Nov 18 patch.

by Arekkino

Original Post

November 17 Patch - can’t load save files

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, so after experiencing the now supposedly fixed crashing from the November 10 update I was excited to update the game and get to experience it with sound again. Sadly I get through to the “load” screen click the save I want to play and then away the plumbob goes.... trouble is it never stops. It just keeps loading and loading and loading. The game isn’t fully crashed  as as I can minimise it and the messages on the screen change and the mouse works but other than that nothing happens. What’s also interesting is that when force quitting and trying again the “time last played” now shows the time I tried to load it before rather than the time I actually last played it. I’ve removed all mods and cleared cache and still nothing. Was working fine before I went to bed last night 

Message 61 of 616 (1,112 Views)

Re: Sims 4 taking forever to load recently?

★★ Novice

me too. I have a Mac and it can't load my saved game Frown

Message 62 of 616 (1,099 Views)

Re: Game stuck on loading screen since Nov. 17 update

★★ Novice
@AnaiDesign same here (using Mac)
Message 63 of 616 (1,099 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same is happening to me. I was loading up my main save I played just yesterday before the patch. I attempted to load it 3 more times before I went into offline mode to see if that maybe helps, it didn't. I then tried loading another save which also didn't work. Then I tried creating an entirely new save which resulted in the same issue I had a couple of times before now. None of the saves, or even creating a new one, work. I am stuck in a loading screen. Just to be sure that I wasn't rushing anything I was waiting for 3 minutes but nothing happened still. Just like OP it happened after the patch that fixed the excessive crashing. I have all EP's except for Discover University, and Snowy Escape. I have all GP's expect for Journey to Batuu. And Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Fitness, Spooky, Nifty Knitting, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, and Laundry Day are all the Stuff Packs that I own. I am playing on a Mac as well.

Message 64 of 616 (1,105 Views)

Re: World glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@User19341 Please try right-clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

@staypuftfish  Try the same. Are you on mac too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 616 (1,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Did you try repairing your game? It worked for me (Open your game library on origin, choose sims 4 and select “repair” under the cogwheel symbol.).

Message 66 of 616 (1,101 Views)

Re: Game stuck on loading screen since Nov. 17 update

@stavb25

How many times have you repaired the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 67 of 616 (1,094 Views)

Re: 11-17-20 update

★★★ Newbie

how did u do that?

Message 68 of 616 (848 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@JuliaChang93 I did now. It's working. Thanks a lot!
Message 69 of 616 (874 Views)

Re: 11-17-20 update

★★★ Newbie

i cant click repair

Message 70 of 616 (866 Views)