Game unable to load since Nov 18 patch.

by Zandalee1993

Original Post

Re: game won’t load

★ Apprentice

And like you, I am also playing on a macbook pro.

Message 41 of 616 (2,095 Views)

Saved Game Will Not Load?

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion packs strangerville, parenthood, dine out and spa day game packs tiny living, laundry day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to load my save game, I am stuck on the loading screen. When I try to start a new game, I get stuck on the choose a neighborhood screen and none of the available neighborhoods show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am stuck on the loading screen or neighborhood screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect my game to load or be able to choose a world to live in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch to fix the November crashing issue.

When I try to load my save game, I am stuck on the loading screen. When I try to start a new game, I get stuck on the choose a neighborhood screen and none of the available neighborhoods show up. I have removed all my mods and that did not seem to work. The game was working yesterday and today after downloading the patch it has stopped working. 

Message 42 of 616 (2,064 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing happening to me!

Message 43 of 616 (1,703 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you on a macbook pro too? Just wondering.

Message 44 of 616 (1,712 Views)

Stuck on the loading screen before playing my active sim after the main menu

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I updated the sims 4 yesterday and since then i can't play the game. It is stuck on the loading screen after I click play in the main menu. 

Message 45 of 616 (1,704 Views)

Re: Origins not working and Sims4 not Launching MAC

★★ Novice

I am almost having the same issue. I open origin and open sims, but my sims won't load. It won't let me actually play it just sits on the main screen. I don't know what to do.

Message 46 of 616 (1,671 Views)

Re: New Patch 11/17 - Game won't load any saved games

★ Apprentice

I had the same issue. I managed to fix it by removing my mods and cc, and repairing the game. The weird thing about the repair is that it took almost two minutes to complete unlike previous times where it took under 30 secs. There's no telling if my save will load again until I exit the game though (I currently have it open as of typing this). I will post an update in a while to confirm if the game will open the save again after saving and exiting.

Message 47 of 616 (1,696 Views)

Re: Stuck on the loading screen before playing my active sim after the main menu

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue. It only started after the most recent update. I’ve tried removing all my mods and cc and restarting my computer, but nothing helps.

Message 48 of 616 (1,695 Views)

Game unable to load since Nov 18 patch.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Bowling, Spooky, Romantic Garden and Cool Kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My game does not load since Nov 18 update.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get through to the main menu select play or start new game and then that's it, it just sits there loading.
What do you expect to see? -
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 18 patch

Issue was immediately noticable after update, I have not been able to successfully load the game since. I have tried restarting origin, my computer, the works.

Message 49 of 616 (1,705 Views)

Re: Residential Worlds list empty when starting a new game

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue too along with an infinity loop of the loadings screen when trying to access old saves. I even made a back up, and then made a whole new Sim 4 file. Yet I got this and unable to access my saves. 

Message 50 of 616 (2,232 Views)