by sierrawoohoo

Original Post

Re: New Patch 11/17 - Game won't load any saved games

★★★ Newbie

Did the repair game thing, saved games are working again :') thanks

Message 31 of 616 (3,512 Views)

Re: Crashing Fixed but Now Game Won’t Load

★★ Apprentice
@HaleyBeau There are several topics on this issue already. Try a “Repair” on the game and that should fix it.
Message 32 of 616 (3,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KoolAidBitcj ahh so for mac: got to origin, right-click on the sims game and hit repair.
Message 33 of 616 (3,509 Views)

Residential Worlds list empty when starting a new game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions as of Snowy Escape, all Game Packs except Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game and advance to world selection screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? World selection screen is blank, preventing me from playing.
What do you expect to see? I think we all know what I'm supposed to see.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest stability patch.

I cannot play the game.

UPDATE: I found the work-around.

Message 34 of 616 (3,619 Views)

[CURRENT ISSUE] No worlds showing on main screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, university, parenthood, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After making a household when choosing what world to live in
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no world options, it's just a blank screen minus select a world to live in.
What do you expect to see? World options
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached is a pic of what I see.

UPDATE: I un-installed and re-installed origin and the sims and everything was fine again.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tags

Message 35 of 616 (3,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@myleannevi didn't work.
Message 36 of 616 (3,511 Views)

★ Novice

Same here! I did a repair and now it will only let me load a new game (no load save game option). 

Message 37 of 616 (3,502 Views)

Re: sims

★★ Apprentice
@Genobrian There are several topics on the first issue already. Try a “Repair” on the game and that should fix it.
Message 38 of 616 (3,448 Views)

game won’t load

★ Novice

I can get to the main menu but the game won’t load. I tried deleting all my mods, uninstalling origin and reinstalling it. This only happened after the supposed “bug fix”, I also experienced frequent crashes. But now I can’t even load my game. It just shows the loading screen but it switches between all the different loading screens. 

Message 39 of 616 (3,501 Views)

Re: game won’t load

★ Apprentice

Good to see I'm not the only one. I can't get to the worlds/neighborhoods screen. If I try and load an existing game, it doesn't get past the load screen and if I try to create a new game, it lets me create a sim and pick a season to start in, but the neighborhoods screen goes blank. I was about to uninstall but I'm glad I caught this before I did that.

Message 40 of 616 (3,484 Views)