Video card error

by saldarks1

Original Post

Video card error

★★★ Newbie

I have a MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013), I’ve had sims 4 on this laptop for 5 months and more recently have been seeing this error all the time. I’m not sure why, any help at all is welcome. (Please note I’ve seen the older threads on here and none of the solutions like repairing the game or not having origin open in the game has worked at all)

Message 1 of 5 (622 Views)

Re: Video card error

★★★ Newbie

Actual error and dxDiag file

Message 2 of 5 (610 Views)

@saldarks1 

DxDiag files are Windows files. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Did this happen after an OS or game or Origin update?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My bad, crazy week, also I know nothing about computers so I’m not sure if my Mac is just outdated or if something else is wrong. I don’t know when this happened, I know origin had an update but I got busy with school so I didn’t play for at least two months, there’s an update before werewolves were announced that I did but it wasn’t working before that update either. I did recently update my os because I thought it would help but it did not.

Message 4 of 5 (416 Views)

@saldarks1

Your Mac has really low specs but should just about be able to run the game on low settings. High Sierra is also years old now. Try updating to a more recent version, at least Catalina, if you don't need to run 32-bit apps, and see if that helps the error.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (368 Views)