Re: Update November 2019 - Issues

by emiXxxxx

Original Post

Update November 2019 - Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey!

I updated my game yesterday with the new patch and I am experiencing a few issues! My game is lagging, taking a long time to load, freezing and crashing!

I have also noticed that lots of objects are not appearing in build mode, they are invisible when I try to place them or they disappear once placed. I also saw that when my sim cooked a meal that the the food and plate disappeared when she placed it on the table! 

Another issue I noticed was when I go to invite sims over to the household or for an event, most of the friends are missing and can't be found in the invite selection.

Has anyone else had these issues or similar? Finding it super frustrating... Any advice please?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (491 Views)

@emiXxxxx 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please make sure to provide ALL the information asked for, including answering the questions.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey @Bluebellflora 

Here are the details:

macOS High Sierra

version 10.13.6

macbook (retina, 12 inch, 2017)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

No additional antivirus downloaded,

No, I haven't tried the repair game - I will try that now.

I have some CC which I have not tried removing yet. The build mode issues are with base game items as well as CC items..

Thank you x

Message 3 of 6 (434 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora it seems a bit quicker to load after repairing. I just tested placing items and they didn't disappear this time, I will monitor this and see if it stays fixed. Game is still lagging more than it was prior to the update.

Main issue that I can see still existing right now is that when I go to plan an event or invite sims to hang out, most of the friends are missing so I can't select the sims I want to invite! Frown

Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)

@emiXxxxx

Halfway there at least! Could you move out your Mods folder, trash the localthumbcache.package file then load a game and see if the missing friends issue is fixed?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora  ...Still an issue after removing all the mods! Only some of the friends showing, still has random ones missing. I discovered it because I was trying to invite a whole family over (the kids have all moved out to different homes and have their own spouses)... but I tried with every single family member and there is always at least one person missing when I try to invite. I've also noticed they have a lot less friends available to invite in the selection also.

The relationship tab still shows the missing sims, it's just when I try to invite to any lot or event.

This is annoying, everything was working fine before the update D:

Message 6 of 6 (373 Views)