Unknown error occurred - Sims 3 - Empty sims 3 folder - Mac

by heyjudeysabel

Original Post

Re: Unknown error occurred - Sims 3 - Empty sims 3 folder - Mac

@heyjudeysabel  There's a minor point, it might not apply to you, but it actually tripped me up when I was messing with my own .sgr files.  In the lines you added, what do the quote marks look like?  Are they identical to the ones in the lines of code that you didn't alter, or are they sort of slanted?  If you're not sure, you can delete the new ones you added and just c/p quote marks from one of the unaltered lines.  (That's what I did to fix it.)

One quick question:  How much free storage do you have on your computer?  You can check by clicking on the Apple icon/About This Mac/Storage.  It would also be a good idea to restart your computer right before you try to launch, just to make sure there's nothing else running that could take up resources the game needs for itself.

If none of this works, then probably the only other thing to try is installing in a new user account.  Do a clean uninstall, then create an admin account, login to it, and install, then patch, then repeat the .sgr files fix (or save your existing files and transfer them over), then try to launch.  Your processor/graphics card combination is particularly difficult, and some people who have it can never get the game running.  But this might work where the other attempts have failed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 11 (450 Views)