Unknown error in The Sims 3

by Glaceon484

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unknown error in The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to Download something from my Purchase History To my game a Tab pops up that says "Unknown Error occurred" and then The Sims 3 quits on its own!! I have several expansion Packs and when I open The Sims 3 over the Expansion Pack the game launcher opens, but without the content from the store Frown Please Help!!!!!

Message 1 of 5 (381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unknown error in The Sims 3

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Glaceon484 wrote:

Everytime I try to Download something from my Purchase History To my game a Tab pops up that says "Unknown Error occurred" and then The Sims 3 quits on its own!! I have several expansion Packs and when I open The Sims 3 over the Expansion Pack the game launcher opens, but without the content from the store Frown Please Help!!!!!

Hi

Are you running the game on Mac or PC? We are asuming a Mac, as the 'unknown error' is usually only seen on Mac. If you are on PC, please say so and I will get different help for you.

When downloading from your Purchase History, be sure to have the game launcher open first.

Also make sure you are frequently resetting your RAM - the launcher uses a huge amount of free memory and if it runs out (which it will very quickly), it can crash. You can find out how do do this on the link below.

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

Caspin

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (388 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Glaceon484 wrote:

Hi

Are you running the game on Mac or PC? We are asuming a Mac, as the 'unknown error' is usually only seen on Mac. If you are on PC, please say so and I will get different help for you.

When downloading from your Purchase History, be sure to have the game launcher open first.

Also make sure you are frequently resetting your RAM - the launcher uses a huge amount of free memory and if it runs out (which it will very quickly), it can crash. You can find out how do do this on the link below.

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

Caspin

Message 2 of 5 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Good morning! I am having close to the same issue, but i cannot open the launcher. I had to re-download everything thanks to my Mac crashing and now i have re-installed and when i try to open the launcher it gives me the unknown issue pop up. I cant figure out what ive done wrong. 

Message 3 of 5 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how do i use the launcher?

Message 4 of 5 (229 Views)

★★ Novice

me too! This is my exact problem!

Message 5 of 5 (214 Views)