Re: Unknown Error Occurred

by seeleigh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unknown Error Occurred

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I keep getting an error message on the sims 3 on my Mac saying "unknown error occurred" even with just the base game. I installed the super patch and moved the sis 3 folder to the desktop and also tried using first aid in disk utility, but none of this helped. Uninstalling and reinstalling on a different account also didn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (565 Views)

Accepted Solution

@seeleigh  I'm sorry to say this but your computer is under even the minimum specs required to play TS3.  Its processor and graphics card are both too underpowered to run even a moderately demanding game like this one.  Macbook Airs aren't really built for gaming at all; in addition to their weaker hardware, they don't have the cooling apparatus necessary to protect themselves from overheating.  Even if you could get TS3 going on this laptop, which is unlikely given that you've already taken almost every available step to make it work, you'd run the risk of seriously damaging your computer by playing.

I wish I had better news, but I don't think there's anything you can do to play on this laptop.

P.S.  Your serial number is showing on your list of specs.  It's probably a good idea to remove it—you can either delete the photo and just type out your specs, or you can edit the screenshot in Preview (the default app) and place a black box over the number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (554 Views)

All Replies

@seeleigh  I'm sorry to say this but your computer is under even the minimum specs required to play TS3.  Its processor and graphics card are both too underpowered to run even a moderately demanding game like this one.  Macbook Airs aren't really built for gaming at all; in addition to their weaker hardware, they don't have the cooling apparatus necessary to protect themselves from overheating.  Even if you could get TS3 going on this laptop, which is unlikely given that you've already taken almost every available step to make it work, you'd run the risk of seriously damaging your computer by playing.

I wish I had better news, but I don't think there's anything you can do to play on this laptop.

P.S.  Your serial number is showing on your list of specs.  It's probably a good idea to remove it—you can either delete the photo and just type out your specs, or you can edit the screenshot in Preview (the default app) and place a black box over the number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (555 Views)

★★ Novice
That's disappointing. It used to work! Haha. Well, thank you for your reply and information. Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (540 Views)