Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Underground room/Basement build issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work StrangerVille, Parenthood Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in Build Mode, click Go Down to Lower Floor - Page Down arrow.
What happens when the bug occurs? The white grid trails up and covers the screen. You cannot place anything or build an underground room (basement).
What do you expect to see? I should be able to build an underground room/basement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 19 of 36 (7,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Underground room/Basement build issue

@ellymaaay

Thanks. If you move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch the game, does it still happen in a completely new save? None of your saves will be in the game but this is only for testing in a clean game, they are safe in the folder you moved.

Have you tried playing around with the game options and seeing if it makes a difference?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 24 of 36 (8,245 Views)

All Replies

Broken basement

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires and laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when I try to go down into the basement level in a house that doesn’t have a basement
What happens when the bug occurs? The entire lot goes white like the the graph stacks on top of itself
What do you expect to see? The basement level
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just want to make a basement, the level worked before, so what is wrong now?

Message 1 of 36 (6,948 Views)

Re: Broken basement

Hero
@jbialecka What are your ingame graphics settings ?

Could you post your Mac's specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (6,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You must have a first floor or foundation before you can make a basement. 

Edit: Use the basement tool to drag the size you want the outside walls to be, after that the rooms should fit in between the walls.

Message 3 of 36 (6,887 Views)

Hero
@jbialecka Are you still seeing this after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (6,862 Views)

Hero
@jbialecka Moving this to the mac forum for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (6,845 Views)

Lot turns white when trying to view basement/lower level

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try viewing the lower level (basement) from Build Mode or click on lower level in Live Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to view the lower level the lot whites out, and I am unable to view anything let alone build or play.
What do you expect to see? The normal view of the basement when built spaces are/are not present
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Problem began with latest patch prior to Tiny Living release and has persisted after installing the new pack

So far everything I have done have proved useless. I did go through the steps to repair and reset the game, but the problem still persists. This occurs on any lot no matter the type, size, location, etc. I have attached photos; please let me know if they do not appear.

Ground Level (no issues)

Ground Level

Basement/Lower Level 

Lower Level/Basement

Message 6 of 36 (6,820 Views)

Re: Lot turns white when trying to view basement/lower level

[ Edited ]
Hero

@QueenieJocelyn Merged your post with another thread on this issue. Might be a Mac issue which is why it's currently in mac. OP unfortunately never came back.

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

And please try a game repair by right clicking on the game in Origin.

If nothing helps, a mac helper will assist you further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (6,781 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Here are my specs. I tried repairing the game, but no luck. The lot still goes white.

macOS Catalina (10.15.3)
Macbook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017)
Processor 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core m3
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB
Message 8 of 36 (6,755 Views)

@QueenieJocelyn

Could you also please post a screenshot of your in-game graphics options?

To be honest I'm amazed the game will even run at an acceptable standard on your MacBook, they are so underpowered and have no fan so the OS will be heavily throttling the power to avoid overheating.

Which packs do you have installed?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 36 (6,744 Views)