Unable to start, game data missing

by bizbarbie

Original Post

Unable to start, game data missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I stumbled upon this thread while trying to find a solution to a problem I just started having. I didn’t even know there was an update coming or any sort of release stating Sims 4 would no longer work for Lion 10.7, because I don’t frequent these forums. I actually don’t have Lion, but I wish I did, because I would have finally gotten some answers. 

I updated my game today and am now unable to play it. I keep getting a pop-up window stating “Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.” I found some old threads about this and did what they said and deleted the custom content and mods I had. I also repaired the game in Origin, but it still won’t work.

When I came across this thread, I thought I figured out what was wrong and maybe I had Lion. But I have Sierra 10.12.6, which leads me to believe this new change doesn’t just affect Lion, but Sierra as well, because none of this started happening until today’s update. 

I’ve been playing Sims since the original came out, and I have so many Sims 4 Expansion and Game Packs that I want to keep playing. So if anyone is having a similar issue or has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 2 (320 Views)

Re: Unable to start, game data missing

@bizbarbie 

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread as the Lion issue is the only relevant to Lion users, nothing to do with Sierra.

Could you please move your Sims 4 folder to your desktop then try to launch the game again? It should be like new with no saves and CC.

Running the Origin reset tool may also work.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)