Re: Unable to find live chat/ Unplayable Sims 4

by indiaaarr

Original Post

Unable to find live chat/ Unplayable Sims 4

★★ Novice

So I have been having a nightmare on EA help the past couple of days. After the game being pixelated and not working after an update I was able at that point to speak to someone on live chat where they gave me two options to help sort my game out first was the clear the cache and the second was to do a safe reboot on a mac. Neither of them worked so the next day I was able to get onto live chat where I spoke to someone different and they persistently told me to get rid of my mods, before that I had done a test and took my mods out of the game and the issue still persisted and told this to the Livechat assistant but he told me they could still mess up the game. I then decided to end the chat with that person and get back on it again and get a second opinion. That time and since then I have been unable to get onto live chat at all, the only option they bring up is to send an email which an advisor will respond in 72 hours. I have had no other contact from them and I don't know what to do because in this moment in time my sims 4 game is unplayable as the pixelation makes the game lag and my computer freeze up/ I have also tried taking out the options file in origin which I read on the answers page and it still didn't work 

Any help at this point would be amazing! 

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

@indiaaarr  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 Mac section.  Please post the specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

You say the game is "pixelated and not working," but can you be a bit more specific?  Does it crash, and if so, when; or does it run but so poorly that you can't play?  Do you get any error messages?  As for mods, the most effective test is to move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (you can put it on your desktop), although that doesn't fix system issues.  It's still useful to know whether it makes any difference though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The specs of my Mac 

OS X El Capitan

Operating System - 10.11.6

Mac Model - iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015)

Processor - 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory - 16 GB 1876 MHz DDR3 

Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB 

@puzzlezaddict 

To answer your other questions for one I have inserted a picture below to show the pixelation, at first it crashed saying the sims 4 quit unexpectedly but now it just seems to lag it just stops and took me about 10 minutes to force quit the sims and yes it runs so poorly that i cannot play. I have moved the mods I have to a different folder that is not in the game and the issues still persist. 

Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)