Unable to control camera

by aodoherty

Original Post

Unable to control camera

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It was ok at first time. I activated Matthew Hamming in Bridgeport. I asked him to visit Bridgeport Sports zone. When he arrived at the bar, the camera started to rotate itself. I couldn't control anything. The shortcut key didn't work. Is this only I'm having this issue? I'm testing the sims 3 on Mac mini M1. I recored a movie. 

https://youtu.be/Fzh41-1-4_Y 

Message 1 of 9 (420 Views)

Re: Unable to control camera

@aodoherty  That is strange, and I don't think I've seen it before.  Which shortcut keys didn't work?  If it happens again, try the WASD keys, X and Z to zoom out or in, Tab, cmd-up arrow or cmd-down arrow, anything to interrupt the camera movement.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (415 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict Yep I tried everything you mentioned. Eventually, I pressed Esc key and it stopped but have no idea why it's happening. Actually, it didn't happen when I tested the sims metal version on my I Mac but I feel like I saw this issue on internet the other day but don't remember where I've seen it.
Message 3 of 9 (390 Views)

@aodoherty  I'm sorry, I really have no idea what's going on, other than that it might be related to the numerous camera movement issues we've been seeing.  If it is, then there's no real fix right now; we have to wait for a possible patch that may or may not fix it, and in the interim, hope it doesn't happen again.

Message 4 of 9 (381 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict I wish to know Maxis team is working on the bug patch, then I can wait longer.
Message 5 of 9 (355 Views)

@aodoherty  I don't know whether this issue is being worked on, sorry.  And the people who would know (or could find out) are probably on vacation right now, so there's no one around to answer.

If the issue you're seeing is part of the larger camera control issues, there's a decent chance that someone is looking into it.  If it's a separate issue, then probably not because no one else ever reported it, at least not here.  But that's just my own unconfirmed guess.

Message 6 of 9 (342 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict Oh yeah Christmas holiday.. Yeah I agree. Could you help me finding a good pc? I left it on sims forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983889/any-descent-pc-spec-for-the-sims-3-please#latest

I had a look on website in amazon but have no clue what to choose.
Message 7 of 9 (329 Views)

@aodoherty  I'd be happy to help, here or there.  Which Amazon storefront are you using, and are there any other stores you'd consider buying from?  I can't really recommend a good computer overall because there are so many different configurations even of the same model, both from one store to the next and from one country to the next.  So it's much better to sort through the options you'd be willing and able to buy.

Message 8 of 9 (322 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict Thanks very much Standard smile
Message 9 of 9 (313 Views)