*URGENT* SIMS3 CC MAC ISSUES!?

by skeletonfam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

*URGENT* SIMS3 CC MAC ISSUES!?

★ Apprentice

Hi! So I've been downloading cc for years now. I recently wiped my folder due to some bad CC and I started downloading new things.

Well after a few days of collecting I went to play the game.

This keeps happening ,It will randomly freeze or crash and I can only play it for about 40 minutes.  It goes to a multi coloured screen and everything is rainbow. In CC all the thumbnails are like this and some of the CC if I even click on it will make my full game crash. I don't know what is going on. It effects the sims3 so bad to the point where If I'm in The base sim section of CAS it will delete all the options so its just text that you cant click. Or if I'm in the game random things will turn rainbow colours as well as my sims.

I don't know how these weird colours came in. Does anyone know what the name of this CC is so I can delete it? I have a mac and here is my mac info:

Message 1 of 8 (622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: *URGENT* SIMS3 CC MAC ISSUES!?

@skeletonfam

That's really helpful, thanks.

The problem is that your Intel Iris graphics are not supported in the game. Updating to Sierra has exacerbated the problem (Sierra is not technically supported as an operating system either). There have been no updates to the Mac version of the game since January 2014. To get your game working again please follow the link in my previous post which explains the issue in more depth and provides links to a workaround to hopefully fix the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (791 Views)

All Replies

@skeletonfam

Is your CC/Mods compatible with the current game version? Is one Mod conflicting with the other?

Your Mac's Intel Iris graphics aren't supported in the game either so you may need to apply the workaround posted here. Although weird that it's worked up until now. Have you updated the OS recently? Installed a new EP/SP?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 8 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. I have updated recently to Sierra. Before that I had NO issues with my game, and I was able to play lag and crash free (with over one thousand items worth of custom content.) For hours. I wiped my folder due to some glitches and bad cc, And When I collected again My whole game is doing all these coloured gradient glitches. I'm not sure if any CC or mods are Conflicting with each other. I know when I downloaded Mods, I made sure they were compatible with my current game patch.

I haven't downloaded anymore EP'S/SP'S. I have all the same ones I did. I'm super confused because my Game has NEVER done this to me before. I'm a hardcore simmer and I'm sure you can understand my frustration 

Message 3 of 8 (606 Views)

@skeletonfam

That's really helpful, thanks.

The problem is that your Intel Iris graphics are not supported in the game. Updating to Sierra has exacerbated the problem (Sierra is not technically supported as an operating system either). There have been no updates to the Mac version of the game since January 2014. To get your game working again please follow the link in my previous post which explains the issue in more depth and provides links to a workaround to hopefully fix the issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (792 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you flora. I will try and tell you if It helps my game.

Message 5 of 8 (601 Views)

@skeletonfam

Please do and good luck! Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (599 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello! I am PLEASED to tell you that I followed all of your instructions and my game is working magnificently. I've been in CAS for more than 30 minutes with NO lagging or crashing! I am FOREVER GRATEFUL.

Message 7 of 8 (592 Views)

@skeletonfam

Perfect - happy simming Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (589 Views)