Re: Trying to Download Riverview... but High End Loft Crashes

by froglars

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trying to Download Riverview... but High End Loft Crashes

★★★ Novice

Hello! I've been trying to download Riverview from the Sims 3 Store and every time I do, it tries to open High End Loft Stuff, and then H.E.L.S. crashes immediately. I'm not sure what is going wrong. Help?

Info: I have a new Macbook Pro and I have Sims 3 with expansion packs Seasons, Pets, and Late Night. My only stuff pack is High End Loft. I have no CC from the store; Riverview is the first one.

Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

@froglars  Try opening the launcher manually before clicking the Download button on Riverview.  If your browser asks you which app it should use to "open" the download, choose the option that has the base game icon (a plain green plumbob) rather than an icon for one of the packs.

If you don't get this prompt, and HELS still crashes, it's probably because your browser is set to automatically use HELS and isn't asking you to choose anymore.  You can reset your browser preferences—how to do so depends on the browser—or just switch to a different browser entirely.  I use Firefox on my Mac and don't have any trouble downloading form the store.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

All Replies

@froglars  Try opening the launcher manually before clicking the Download button on Riverview.  If your browser asks you which app it should use to "open" the download, choose the option that has the base game icon (a plain green plumbob) rather than an icon for one of the packs.

If you don't get this prompt, and HELS still crashes, it's probably because your browser is set to automatically use HELS and isn't asking you to choose anymore.  You can reset your browser preferences—how to do so depends on the browser—or just switch to a different browser entirely.  I use Firefox on my Mac and don't have any trouble downloading form the store.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you so much! it worked Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)