Tried to load sims 4 on mac, bounced then just plays the music and freezes.

by TheDalesGames

Original Post

Tried to load sims 4 on mac, bounced then just plays the music and freezes.

★★★ Newbie

It is stuck on the loading screen, I con only access it via F3 and if i click on it on the taskbar, it changes my mouse.

Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Tried to load sims 4 on mac, bounced then just plays the music and freezes.

@TheDalesGames  First of all, whenever you need to quit an app that's not responding, you can hit cmd-optn-esc to bring up a list of open apps.  Then you can select one and force-quit.

For this issue, try running the Origin reset tool for macs and disabling Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, you can pull your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Try playing in this folder for a bit, just to make sure everything works.  If it does, you can start moving your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  It's best to move a few files at a time and test the game to see whether it still loads.  If not, you'll know that at least one of the files that you just moved was causing problems.

If the game doesn't load even with a clean folder, please provide your mac's specs, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: Tried to load sims 4 on mac, bounced then just plays the music and freezes.

Champion

@TheDalesGames please do not provide your Serial number if you screen shot your specs. Just making sure and piggybacking off what @puzzlezaddict said.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (273 Views)