Transferring TS4 from Mac to PC is impossble, right?

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transferring TS4 from Mac to PC is impossble, right?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have The Sims 4 for Mac. I'm thinking about getting a new computer and weighing the positives and negatives of Mac vs PC. TS4 isn't the only factor in my decision, but it is still important to me. I'm assuming that, since I have TS4 for Mac, Origin wouldn't allow me to download the game on a PC unless I bought the game and any DLCs I have for it all over again. I'd also like to transfer a few of my TS4 save files to whatever new computer I wind up getting, and I'm also assuming that a TS4 save file that was made on a Mac wouldn't work on a PC. But I still wanted to double-check and make sure.

If I got a PC instead of a Mac for my next computer, would I have to buy TS4 and its DLCs on Origin all over again in order to play them on PC?

And is it possible to transfer a TS4 save file from a Mac to a PC or not?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transferring TS4 from Mac to PC is impossble, right?

@BlazeBard

You don't have to pay for the Windows version of the game, both are available to you in your Origin account.

Your saves will also happily copy over whichever way you choose to do so Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (303 Views)

All Replies

@BlazeBard

You don't have to pay for the Windows version of the game, both are available to you in your Origin account.

Your saves will also happily copy over whichever way you choose to do so Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

★ Guide
@BlazeBard Yes, your Mac saves will work with a PC! To transfer your files from your Mac to your new PC when you get it, put your current Sims 4 folder on a USB or external hard drive, then when you get your PC, download The Sims 4 as normal and launch the game to generate a new folder. Then exit and put the contents of the folder on the external into the appropriate folders. (saves go to saves, tray to tray, etc.) When next launched, everything should be as it was on your Mac!
Message 3 of 3 (277 Views)