Re: Townies have no faces

by crinrict

Original Post

Townies have no faces

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, so I know there's a lot of of questions about this topic but I have no clue what else to do so, here I am, posting a new thread. My townies have no faces. When I say that, I mean they have hair, they have a body and clothes, and they have teeth. They can wear accessories (there's one I see a lot wearing glasses) and I can see if they have different style teeth, but they have no eyes, nose, face skin, etc. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this problem and none of it is working. I use a MacBook Pro (if there's a better place to post this please let me know) and do not use laptop mode. First off, I have ruled out it being a CC issue because I've removed all mods and it's still happening. I tried resetting my Sims 4 folder, I tried repairing my game in Origin, I've tried adding one to my household and visiting a different lot, I have tried everything. I've gone into other saves and it's been an issue too. I don't get it, and as I'm not a very technical person I can't think of anything else to try. I'd be happy to supply anyone with any files they'd like if they can think of one, I sincerely appreciate and thank everyone for the help in advance!

- Hannah

Message 1 of 6 (767 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @hannahbanana2222

moved your post to the mac forum

Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (740 Views)

Champion

@hannahbanana2222, it sounds like there is some CC or mod that is causing this to happen. Try the following even if you have tried it before. Move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. Do NOT delete it because this is where your saved games are stored. Next, start up the game remembering that none of your CC, Mods or saved games will be present. Start a new game and play for about an hour or so to see if the NPC sims still have "no faces". If the game plays ok and everything is back to normal, you have either an outdated Mod or a bad piece of CC causing the issue. In the case of Mods, you will need to check the creator's website to see if they have recently updated their mod. For CC, sorry but there is no program written for the Mac OS to identify bad CC. You will manually have to cull your CC by add back a few pieces at a time, starting up your game and seeing if the game plays as it should. 

If need be, you will need to supply us with your Mac's specs and do NOT include the serial number.

Please respond back if you need further assistance or if this solved your issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am 100% positive it's not a CC issue. I've removed my mods from my game (that was my first solution to try) and it didn't work there either. I've tried it more than once and the faces are still gone. I posted my specs in the comment below

Message 4 of 6 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro, 13 in. It has a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB memory. Idk what else to post but I'd be happy to supply other info

Message 5 of 6 (701 Views)

Champion

@hannahbanana2222, moving just the mods folder doesn't necessarily "disable" them. Sometimes it may leave something behind. Move the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and try again. It really does sound like the problem is caused by a bad piece of CC. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 6 (681 Views)