Re: The sims 4 doesn’t appear

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 doesn’t appear

★ Novice

Hello, I hope somebody will be able to help me with this problem I’m having...

Whenever I tried opening the sims today, only the music started running, while the screen remained stuck on my (still fully functional) desktop. If I tried to close the game, it wouldn’t work, unless I chose to force the exit (I’m not sure how you would say in english, sorry). I’ve tried to restart the computer, repair game from Origin, tried to reinstall origin even, but to no avail. I’ll add that I have a Mac, recently bought, so that shouldn’t be the problem. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (559 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Thank you for your answer. As it turned out, it was a problem with graphics configuration.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (644 Views)

All Replies

@Andreth91

Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, trash the Options.ini file then launch your game again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (538 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your answer. As it turned out, it was a problem with graphics configuration.

Message 3 of 4 (645 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Andreth91,

So you managed to fix it? Glad to read that!

Hope you are enjoying the game, don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions and if you want to talk to other Simmers about the game, come to the Game information board!: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en

Welcome to the forums Standard smile
-Mai
Message 4 of 4 (482 Views)