Re: The sims 4 crash

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The sims 4 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi i have been playing the sims on my macbook pro12 for about a year now. Couple months ago, i put on mods on the game and then deleted them because for school. When I downloaded them back just yesterday my game would always crash right in the beginning. I tried reloading and restarting my computer but it does not work. All it says is a 3 digit number then "stack overflow".  I have all the game packs to this game. I do not want $200 to go to waist. Please help. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,010 Views)
Highlighted

@ginger11601

Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts out onto your desktop and load the game - does it work or still the same error?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (1,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@ginger11601

Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts out onto your desktop and load the game - does it work or still the same error?

@Bluebellflora
The game supposedly does not crash but none of cc shows. After exiting out of the game it says the sims quit unexpectedly. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,992 Views)

@ginger11601

You can ignore the game quit unexpectedly error, it doesn't affect your game or save.

By moving out the Sims 4 folder you have started a clean game with no CC. The fact that your game is now loading and working indicates that CC is the problem. You need to gradually reinstall your CC a few bits at a time, loading the game and checking it is still working after each batch. Once your game stops working again you know that the last batch you installed had some erroneous content.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (1,986 Views)