Re: The sims 3: Roads don't let me see anything!

by SimMinnie79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3: Roads don't let me see anything!

★★ Novice

Hello,
I recently installed the sims 3 Mac 64bit version and i'm having 2 problems for which I can't find solutions.

The first one is during the winter season, as soon as it starts to snowing the roads start to be in the foreground (overlapping even the walls) something that really affects the gameplay. Playing in a lot with many roads around is impossible. I have attached some images of this problem.

The other problem is not being able to catch any insects. I click them and there's no interaction, it's like a decorative object that you can't even select "look at".

I hope y'all can help me, I've been looking for solutions since October and I can't find any.

Thanks for reading Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

@L3anDr0o  Both of these are known issues.  The master thread for the problem collecting insects is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Cannot-collect-insects/m-p/96749...

You can use the harvester from Ambitions or train a pet to collect insects.  There's also a mod-related way to skip a step in an opportunity chain, if that's the issue.

The roads showing through an open building (house or community lot) is caused by having Advanced Rendering on while the snow depth in the world is greater than zero.  The thread is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Walls-floors-cut-away-to-display...

You could disable Advanced Rendering, although the graphics will look worse.  Or you could remove the snow cover: open the cheats console (cmd-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift-click on the ground and select Seasons > Snow Depth > None.  I know neither is a real solution.

in both cases, feel free to click Me Too and post in the relevant thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,306 Views)

All Replies

@L3anDr0o  Both of these are known issues.  The master thread for the problem collecting insects is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Cannot-collect-insects/m-p/96749...

You can use the harvester from Ambitions or train a pet to collect insects.  There's also a mod-related way to skip a step in an opportunity chain, if that's the issue.

The roads showing through an open building (house or community lot) is caused by having Advanced Rendering on while the snow depth in the world is greater than zero.  The thread is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Walls-floors-cut-away-to-display...

You could disable Advanced Rendering, although the graphics will look worse.  Or you could remove the snow cover: open the cheats console (cmd-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift-click on the ground and select Seasons > Snow Depth > None.  I know neither is a real solution.

in both cases, feel free to click Me Too and post in the relevant thread.

Message 2 of 6 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @puzzlezaddict . 

I thought it would take months for someone to answer me!

I will now open the game and do what you said.

I was searching for solutions since October (when this 64-bit version was released ) but I wasn't finding any, what made me think that i was the only one with these problems. I guess I'm not that special ahahahahah

Besides that, I think it's a shame that we can't play with snow. Are we hopeful for an update soon? 

A few weeks ago we had one, but nothing has changed unfortunately.

(And yes, I know you don't work for EA ahahah)

Now I just need to try make my Sims age again because out of nowhere they decided that aging was NOT for them lol

Once again,

Thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (1,285 Views)

@L3anDr0o  I would think there'd be at least one more update, given the initial interest from people who do work for EA in gathering info.  There may have been an Origin update a few weeks ago, or even a something that looked like a game update, but Sims 3 itself didn't change at all: it wasn't a real patch like we're hoping happens.

The aging manager can be finicky, and once it stops working, it's sometimes difficult or even impossible to fix.  One thing you can try is disabling aging entirely, playing for a sim-day or two, and reenabling it.  Immediately before and after both disabling and reenabling the setting, quit to desktop and delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  For reference, these files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Before starting, use "save as" to rename the save, so you preserve the original version while experimenting on a copy.  That way, if something goes wrong, you can revert back to the original with no harm done.

The only surefire way I know of to fix the problem of sims not aging within a save is to install NRaas StoryProgression, which has its own aging manager.  It's a heavy mod though, with lots of other features that you may want to look into before installing it.

You may find some suggestions somewhere that uninstalling Generations and reinstalling it later helps.  The problem with that approach is that removing an expansion from an ongoing save can corrupt the save or the sims in it, as their data related to the missing pack becomes stranded.  Generations has less of an impact than other packs, but temporarily removing it could still introduce issues that even reinstalling it won't fix.

Message 4 of 6 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issues. As well as the black sculpting block. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,204 Views)

@SimMinnie79  The sculpture blocks issue has its own thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Sculpture-blocks-not-properly-re...

Please click Me Too and post in that thread; it would be great if you could click Me Too and post in the roads thread too:

Message 6 of 6 (1,199 Views)