Re: The camera isn't moving smoothly

by aodoherty

Original Post

The camera isn't moving smoothly

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello, I feel the camera moving is like a car is going on the rough road. Also showtime expansion pack hasn't been arrived in my origin yet. I haven't created Mods folder yet. Also No CC, No Mods at all as I finished installing an hour ago.

[update]

Now my screen is not working properly.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 09.39.59.png

NO CC NO MOds Even No sims3 packs No store items

While moving camera, red and normal graphics are flickering

I tried to find my graphics card update for Mac but found only bootcamp windows.

i7 7700 3.6 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 21.5 inch Retina I mac. Radeon Pro 560 graphics card I have.

Message 1 of 17 (823 Views)

@aodoherty  Please take a screenshot of your in-game graphics options.  Hit cmd-enter to switch to windowed mode if you're not using it already, then hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  You can attach the screenshot to a post or embed it.

Please test both fullscreen and windowed modes, and let me know whether the camera works better in either.  You can also try a few different resolutions; some people have reported that it helps with screen tearing.

Please also let me know what kind of framerates you're getting in-game.  For some reason, the cheats console now opens with cmd-shift-C, not crtl, but the code fps on still works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 17 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictI added the screenshot. Thank you.Standard smile

Oh I will test. I was in the full screen mode.

Message 3 of 17 (797 Views)

@aodoherty  There's a master thread for the red screen issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-TS3-64-bit-red-flashing-game-window/m-p...

Please post that same screenshot in that thread, and also attach your deviceconfig.log to your post.

For the original issue, I'd still like to see your in-game settings, and please test at a couple different resolutions.

Message 4 of 17 (782 Views)

★★ Pro

I tested the full mode and windowed mode. The camera moving was the same on both mode. The default graphic option was set to full. The resolution is 2560 1440(16:9) ratio. There's no other 4:3 ration other than 1024 768(4:3). The flickering has started after lowering down the graphic option(not the in game resolution) and I dragged all of them up to full again, the red effect has gone.  But still camera moving is not smooth. I took a video.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 10.17.52.png

This is the fps rate in my game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu4IwDNg6ig

Message 5 of 17 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aodoherty  With an fps of 14, and probably lower when you move the camera, it's not surprising you'd get such jerky motions.  Please try lowering the resolution to something else with the same 16:9 aspect ratio as your monitor: 1920x1080, then lower if fps is still too low.  This version of Sims 3 appears to not run particularly well at high resolutions, so it may take some experimenting to figure out the best option for you.

Message 6 of 17 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictI tried lower resolution. But I don't have 1920 1200 option though. The lowest one is 2048 1152. I also have 1024 768 and 1608 944(No ratio).
Now I feel moving camera under water.

But the game moves very smooth on windows 10, Boot camp.

Message 7 of 17 (758 Views)

@aodoherty  That is quite strange.  Could you take a screenshot of the resolutions that you do have?  Put the game in windowed mode, open the list of resolutions, then hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.

Please also let me know what resolution your display has.  (I remember it was running at 2560x1440 in Windows but that it had a different native resolution listed.)  Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select About This Mac, then the Display tab.

And please attach your deviceconfig to a post, as mentioned before.

Message 8 of 17 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

cmd closes the resolution list on windowed mode and full screen mode both. I took the shot on my mobile phone.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 15.15.57.png

IMG_1355.jpg

Message 9 of 17 (711 Views)

@aodoherty  Try 2048x1152.  Not only does your monitor support that resolution, it's actually the default: the screen normally runs at a "pixel doubled" resolution, although you can change it.  And you can play in fullscreen mode if windowed mode doesn't help with the screen tearing.

The fact is though, this game is still demanding on a graphics card, and seemingly significantly more so in macOS than in Windows (although the gap has closed with this new version).  Between that and the fact that your card is only barely capable of ultra settings in Windows, you may need to turn down some options a bit until you get the kind of performance you want.

Message 10 of 17 (684 Views)