Re: The Sims 4 cannot be opened because of a problem (Mac)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The Sims 4 cannot be opened because of a problem (Mac)

★ Apprentice

I run the Sims 4 on Mojave 10.14.6. I downloaded Eco Lifestyle last night and when I went to open to game, I got this error message that I've never seen before. I do use custom content. 

Message 1 of 16 (2,991 Views)

@natalier98

Is your game up to date? There was a second patch released yesterday to fix the crashing saves issue. The current version is 1.63.134.1220

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 16 (2,971 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I just updated it a few minutes ago and the problem is still happening
Message 3 of 16 (2,962 Views)

EA Staff
@natalier98 That is ... interesting. The error message you're posting isn't from the game, it's from macOS. It's complaining that the code signature is invalid or wrong. That is very surprising.

Are you comfortable using terminal commands? I'd like to have you try a few things for me if you're willing. Please send me a private message.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 4 of 16 (2,934 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe I sent you a DM!
Message 5 of 16 (2,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm having the same issue, and I've never had an issue playing sims on my computer before. Can you help me?

Message 6 of 16 (2,867 Views)

My sims 4 game won't launch after June 2020 updates.

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting the same message.

Message 7 of 16 (2,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just repaired my game and I was able to get it to launch. I'm going to see how it works tomorrow.

Message 8 of 16 (2,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just giving my input on this: I’ve been getting this error for years (yes, literally for about 3-4 years, including on my previous Mac), however it’s only when I use Spotlight to search for and open the game. Weirdly enough, for the past 2-3 years, Origin just opens and the game starts as normal Thinking

EDIT: 'scuse me, just realised I get another error - The application The Sims 4 cannot be opened because of a problem.

Message 9 of 16 (2,745 Views)

★★ Novice

did this issue ever get resolved? Because I've been having the same problem and I swear I've tried everything to fix it and nothing is working!

Message 10 of 16 (2,617 Views)