Re: The Sims 4 Macbook M1

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The Sims 4 Macbook M1

★ Novice

I can play the game, but I just can't go to the events, they disappear and if I go in the region where it would be happening it crashes. It happens with apartments too, I put a sim in an apartment (in the City Living area) and the game crashed. The seasons changes on the panel, but there is no rain or snow.... my sims don't feel cold or hot, it's like I don't have the package.

Seasons and city living is the problem. 

City Living the events appear on the calendar, but when the day of the event comes it disappears. I've tried to go where it would be but there's nothing and it crashes the game... my sim do not move at all.

I guess this extensions is incompatible with the new apple m1 processor, because my previous Mac was a intel I5 and this new one is Apple M1. 

I just had reinstalled yesterday the game and extensions, cleaned the cache, I do not know what to do. 

Message 1 of 6 (467 Views)

@jupresti

it's not an M1 issue. I have the game running beautifully on my M1 Air and others have also stated how well it runs for them.

Have you checked the bug forum for your issues? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

What do you mean by "cleaned the cache"? What cache?

Presumably you have tried a new Sims 4 folder in your troubleshooting? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (444 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Bluebellfora,

Thank you for your answer I will check the links you posted. The game is running as I said, just this 2 extensions (seasons and city living) is with issues.

In regards cache it is a folder inside the The Sims, usually it stores temporary files.

Message 3 of 6 (434 Views)

@jupresti

That cache folder should be emptying every time you quit the game. Was that not happening? But really the most effective troubleshooting is moving the entire Sims 4 folder as described in my link above. Just cherry picking files and folders to remove takes longer to solve the issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (426 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora It is emptying, but the EA support ask me to cleaning during the game is running.
Message 5 of 6 (422 Views)

@jupresti

Huh, how strange. Did they explain why it may help?

Anyway, try a new game folder and see how a news save works out Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)