The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: sims 4 gallery not showing up other's creations

★★ Novice

im pretty sure i need the legacy edition, it says my mac is a nonmetal yeah. im trying to access the gallery and look at other peoples creations, which i cant. this was not an issue over a year ago, but now is.

Message 661 of 849 (357 Views)

Champion

@souruni Unfortunately, if you have the Legacy Edition you will never be able to access the community gallery. If you would like to share your computer specs to confirm you need the Legacy Edition, I'm happy to help. Sadly, though, the community gallery issue cannot be addressed with the Legacy Edition as your game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 662 of 849 (351 Views)

@souruni

Merged into the Mac Legacy thread. See the opening post on page 1 for a full Mac specific FAQ. The gallery has never been available in the Legacy Edition of the game.

Instructions here on what info to provide about your Mac if you want to provide more info - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 663 of 849 (345 Views)

★★ Novice

ugh okay, well thankyou soo much

Message 664 of 849 (320 Views)

★★ Novice

thankyou :D

Message 665 of 849 (309 Views)

Expansion pack not showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

Playing Sims4 with origin on a Mac. 
Recently purchased the Cottage Living expansion pack (I also have the cats and dogs expansion but nothing else), but when I loaded the game, the expansion pack did not show up. I could see the cats&dogs pack in the ‘my collection’ section of the Home Screen, but not the new pack. When I started a new game none of the extras were there. (The expansion pack also says ‘installed’ in the details section on origin) 

Since then I have tried every single thing suggested for this issue (deleting and re-downloading, repairing the game, clearing origins cache etc) but nothing has worked and I’m pretty frustrated and worried that I’ve just lost a bunch of money. 
Pretty desperate for a solution!

Message 666 of 849 (275 Views)

Re: Expansion pack not showing up in game

@jcmmy 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 667 of 849 (253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Version 10.12.6 , iMac (2011)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Mem.: 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

There’s 429GB storage left 

I’m playing the legacy edition, with no mods/CC, and I have no antivirus installed. 

Obviously a pretty old computer but it’s had no problems running sims4 with expansions before 

Message 668 of 849 (245 Views)

@jcmmy

Thanks. Unfortunately your Mac cannot run Cottage Living as it is not compatible with the Legacy Edition. Further info is in the opening post on page 1 of this thread.

It may be worth contacting Customer Support and requesting a refund but as the system requirements clearly state a Metal compatible Mac is required for the Pack, you may not get one. Fingers crossed you do though Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 669 of 849 (236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah thank you I must have missed that bit in the requirements section - I’m not particularly tech savvy so all of the details tend to confuse me lol. I’m planning on getting a new desktop soon anyways so I’ll just wait it out haha. Thanks again! 

Message 670 of 849 (487 Views)