The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: How can I download The Sims 4 Legacy edition for Mac?

EA app Team
Message 40 of 849 (5,849 Views)

Re: forced legacy edition on os catalina

EA app Team
Hey @JenniferFerSure - keep in mind that Origin downloading something yesterday doesn't mean Legacy Edition was installed on your computer. We released quite a big patch yesterday!: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/November-12-2019-Patch-Notes/m-p/8410279#M...

Legacy Edition doesn't download automatically, you would have needed to add it manually to your Game Library Standard smile
Message 41 of 849 (5,720 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem too. I tryed everything, but it didn't work.

Message 42 of 849 (5,820 Views)

Re: legacy edition

EA app Team

Hi @ClaireRobinson13 ,

Let's try to find out what's the problem!

Would it be possible for you to share your computer details with us? Here's how to find them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Also, when you check at the bottom of the main menu, what game version do you see?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 43 of 849 (5,749 Views)

The Sims 4: Legacy Edition

★★ Novice

So when I went onto Origin today it automatically downloaded the Legacy Edition, lost all my saved games, all custom content, gallery etc. So I managed to retrieve my saved games by copying the files across. But as I have an older Mac, does this mean I've lost access to everything else except what I've got from the packs?

I understand updates and new systems I really do, but I'm not exactly rolling in cash to go and splash £1000 or so on a new PC/Mac and considering I spent the same amount of money on the packs as everyone else over the past few years and now have access to nothing and I'm guessing I can't purchase the Discover University tomorrow (the one pack I've really been waiting for) I'm really quite annoyed.

Is there going to be any update on this? Whether new packs will be able to be purchased or if for those that are now on the Legacy Edition will have their own gallery etc? 

Message 44 of 849 (5,840 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Legacy Edition

Hero
@dkberry29 Moving this to Mac.

All packs that will be coming (including DU) won't be playable on Non-metal macs, unfortunately. ROM was the last one.

You should be able to play everything you have already with the legacy edition, except the gallery.

What exactly are you missing ? You're saying you were able to move the saves over.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 849 (5,830 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Genuinely gutted about Discover University Frown It's still allowing me to preorder it though, guessing this is just an origin glitch? It's just a bit frustrating that now I won't get any updates, access to the gallery or be able to purchase future packs.

For some reason it wasn't showing a couple of packs but did the repair on the game and they are all there now, and I've got all my saved games. However everything that was in my own gallery like all households and lots I've created are now gone, is there anyway I can get them back?

Thank you for your reply! Standard smile

Message 46 of 849 (5,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dkberry29 It should still be in the gallery so someone else could download it for you and send you the files. You can then put them in your tray folder and have them in your library at least.

Do you have any friends that still have access that could download them for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 849 (5,797 Views)

Legacy Edition doesn't start

★★ Novice

Hi, so, I'm one of the unfortunate ones that owns an 8-year-old MacBook, which forces me to never try out the new game pack: Discover University's unless I buy a new computer. I did this 8 years ago and I think I'll pass on this one until it's necessary (the computer actually not functioning).

However I do want to still be able to play the Sims 4 so I downloaded the Legacy Edition. At first it managed to start with all my mods, saves and trays, but all the text was screwed up in the game. No text in the loading screens, no names, no way to change their relationships in CAS (husband-, sister-options.), no text in the actual gameplay. I wouldn't be able to select anything to do as the text bubbles didn't have text in it. I assumed it was because of the mods. So I took them out, tried to restart and now the game won't start at all. I tried a lot of different things, but now the game issues me to download the Legacy Edition in order for me to play, which I already have. How do I fix this? Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you

Message 48 of 849 (5,829 Views)

Sims 4 legacy edition

★★ Novice

Hello. Why can’t sims 4 LE have the gallery Ik Apple did some crap that can’t support the older versions of Mac but what does the gallery have to do with this or packs. I love playing sims and I just got a lot of new houses from the gallery and now I can’t use them and I’m also not the best at building houses.

Message 49 of 849 (5,818 Views)