The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: I downloaded

@abbykite12

Cottage Living is not compatible with the Legacy version, you need to be running the current version of the game on a Metal supported Mac. Check the FAQ in the opening post on page 1 of this thread.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 541 of 849 (703 Views)

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★★★ Novice

Try updating your system 

Message 542 of 849 (625 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

★★★★ Novice

Okay so, I have a white, non-metal MacBook that forces me to have Legacy. Will I ever be able to play Paranormal?  If not, why will the Origin shop sell it to me?

Message 543 of 849 (958 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

@JenZeiner

Not on that machine, no. Origin does not detect your hardware or OS. It is up to the consumer to check the system requirements before buying a game. The system requirements clearly state that a Metal compatible Mac is required for packs released since October/November 2019.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 544 of 849 (946 Views)

it says i’m offline all the time?

★★★ Newbie

I use a 2011 Mac, so my game is pretty slow. However origin always says I am online yet when I go into the game and try to click a “free stuff” gift it says i’m offline. when i say to go online, it just does nothing? i have quit origin and relogged in multiple times. please help me i just wanna view the gallery 😕😕

Message 545 of 849 (753 Views)

Re: it says i’m offline all the time?

@Layla000515

If your Mac is a 2011 model, and is not a Mac Pro which you can upgrade the GPU to be Metal compatible, you will be running the Legacy Edition which has no online functionality. You will not be able to access the Gallery. See the opening FAQ on page 1 of this Legacy Edition thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 546 of 849 (722 Views)

Forced to Download Sims 4 Legacy Edition - Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone!

I'm having trouble downloading and playing the regular Sims 4 on my Mac.

It's a 2011, but it literally meets all of the requirements to play Sims 4 and the newer expansion packs, and I've even added more physical memory to my computer because that was recommended.

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled, (don't worry, I have backups of my game.)

I've uninstalled Origin and reinstalled.

Again, added 8GB of more physical memory on my Mac, and I'm still getting the same error message, that I have to download Legacy Edition.

There is no option for me to run other wise in Game Properties in Origin.

I don't know what else to do.

I've included the specs of my Mac, and I've run them through several checks.

I should be able to play, but I can't.

Is it seriously just because my Mac is older?

I've lost so much CC, and so many game and expansion packs because of this ordeal. It's incredibly frustrating to think I have to modify my computer again or buy a whole new system just to play this game. I literally had zero problems operating it before.

Someone, please help!!!

I've included the spec screenshots of my mac here!

Message 547 of 849 (703 Views)

Re: Forced to Download Sims 4 Legacy Edition - Mac

Hero (Retired)

@kimmie1852 Did you try posting in the Sims 4 technical Mac forum? At first glance looks good but I'm not sure - best you talk to the mac people.

Message 548 of 849 (673 Views)

Hero
@kimmie1852 I moved your post to the Mac forum.

You need Legacy on all non-metal Mac.

Here's a list of models that don't support metal: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205073

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 549 of 849 (655 Views)

@kimmie1852

As Crin has explained, your Mac GPU does not support Metal so you are limited to running the Legacy Edition on that model and you cannot upgrade the GPU in your iMac. Your only option is to get a new, Metal supported Mac. There's an extensive FAQ in the first post in this thread I've merged your post into.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 550 of 849 (607 Views)