by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator not showing up

★ Novice

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same issue Frown 

Message 511 of 849 (617 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★ Novice

Hey! So according to the system requirements here and on the EA website I should be able to run the normal version, but I was still forced to get legacy edition. Can you help me know why/solve this? Thanks!

Message 512 of 849 (590 Views)

@aholton2021  Same question to you: what version are you running?  Please list the entire number, as described above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 513 of 849 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]

@undersnails 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

NVM, I've merged your other post into this one. 

The FAQ on page 1 addresses all your questions. Regarding 64-bit:

Q. Is my Mac 64-bit?

A. Yes! The 32-bit instruction for The Sims 4 Legacy Edition is only applicable to Windows users. The Sims 4 has always been 64-bit for Mac. Please disregard any and all comments regarding the 32-bit application of the Sims 4 that you read anywhere on the internet, it does not apply to Mac users.

Your Mac Pro DOES NOT support the normal version of the game as it has an AMD GPU which does not support Metal, this is why you are forced to run the Legacy Edition If you want to run the normal version of the game you need to upgrade your GPU. From the FAQ on page 1:

Q. Do I need to download and install the Legacy Edition of The Sims 4?

A. You must download and install the Sims 4 Legacy Edition if you are running a Mac that does not support Metal. The following Macs DO NOT support Metal:

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 514 of 849 (600 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for showing me this! As disappointing as it is, I'm glad to have reliable confirmation for why my Mac doesn't work with the normal game. Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 515 of 849 (561 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict The version is 1.75.125.1630
Message 516 of 849 (563 Views)

@aholton2021  You're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, and the LE doesn't support any packs released after October 2019, including this one.  Since you have a Mac, you may not be able to run the standard version at all, but you can check the requirements in the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

Message 517 of 849 (550 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Wow, that helps so much! Thank you a ton!!! It seems like I just need to uninstall/reinstall the NORMAL Sims 4 (not LE) as well as my expansion pack, whist ensuring that the LE is not checked. Thanks again! <3
Message 518 of 849 (690 Views)

how to uninstall dream home decorator

★ Novice

I want to try uninstalling Dream Home Decorator and reinstalling it. I've purchased it and it says it has been successfully been installed but it doesn't load into gameplay. I've done the whole process to reinstall origin but that didn't help. How can I uninstall this individual game pack?

Message 519 of 849 (694 Views)

Re: how to uninstall dream home decorator

@itsme1993  If you're simply going to reinstall the pack, the easiest approach is to delete the folder for DHD.  The default install location is this:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Dream Home Decorator is GP10.  Once you delete that folder, you should be able to redownload it from Origin, but to be thorough, please clear Origin's cache first.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If this doesn't help, please let me know what game version you have.  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and you'll see the version number along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 520 of 849 (690 Views)