The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Unable to start [5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

@Clara_BTS_AIDE

No sorry, I don't use Windows. You should post in the PC tech forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 501 of 849 (1,920 Views)

Ask

★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

My main issue is I am unable to access the online gallery on the Sims 4. I have turned origin online, I don’t have a child’s account and I have restarted everything twice.

I AM running the Legacy edition but if I don’t run it, my Mac might not let me play (when I first bought the game it told me I couldn’t play until I downloaded the Legacy edition) and also, I fear my mods will be deleted. Is there anyway I can override this or change it?

My Mac is 2011

as a side note, I’m also struggling to use the half-grid snap for doors and windows on my Mac. The option button, the FN/F5 trick and the <> trick won’t let me freely place a door or window. I am using the Sims3 cam and I have the move objects cheat on.

Please help!! Xx

Message 502 of 849 (805 Views)

Re: Ask

★★★ Apprentice
@freyawood16 You cannot use the gallery in Legacy edition
Message 503 of 849 (852 Views)

@freyawood16

Merged your post into the Legacy Edition thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 504 of 849 (846 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I've been having a huge problem with my game for a while now.

I play on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011). I downloaded the Legacy Edition once it became available since my Mac can't run Metal. After that, I was able to play for a while without any problems.

I stopped using this computer at the beginning of last year, but after my new PC had a problem, I went back to this old Mac. I was able to play the Legacy Edition until November last year, but my game stopped working after the November 10th, 2020 update. Now every time I try to start it, error [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000012f:912c9c10] comes up. Mind you, I've had this problem before, right when I went back to using this Mac. But it was easily fixed after reinstalling the game and restarting my computer a few times. This time I can't seem to be able to fix it. I've tried repairing the game, starting it on windowed mode, disabling Origin in game, reinstalling the game, and also reinstalling Origin. I don't know what could be causing this issue, and at this point, I've pretty much given up on it.

Do you have any idea of what could be going on? I'd really appreciate any help.

Message 505 of 849 (719 Views)

Error [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000012f:912c9c10] - Legacy Edition

★★ Novice
Hi, I've been having a huge problem with my game for a while now.

I play on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011). I downloaded the Legacy Edition once it became available since my Mac can't run Metal. After that, I was able to play for a while without any problems.

I stopped using this computer at the beginning of last year, but after my new PC had a problem, I went back to this old Mac. I was able to play the Legacy Edition until November last year, but my game stopped working after the November 10th, 2020 update. Now every time I try to start it, error [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000012f:912c9c10] comes up. Mind you, I've had this problem before, right when I went back to using this Mac. But it was easily fixed after reinstalling the game and restarting my computer a few times. This time I can't seem to be able to fix it. I've tried repairing the game, starting it on windowed mode, disabling Origin in game, reinstalling the game, and also reinstalling Origin. I don't know what could be causing this issue, and at this point, I've pretty much given up on it.

Do you have any idea of what could be going on? I'd really appreciate any help.

Message 506 of 849 (726 Views)

Re: Error [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000012f:912c9c10] - Legacy Edition

@peachxplum

Set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 507 of 849 (696 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried but still can't play it Frown

Message 508 of 849 (668 Views)

@peachxplum

Frown If you've completely uninstalled and reinstalled properly I'm not sure what else to suggest. If you manage to fix it please do come back and confirm what worked for you, it really helps others.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 509 of 849 (646 Views)

I am unable to switch to 64-bit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So after the whole legacy edition update I was forced to switch my game to legacy edition. This has frustrated me beyond belief but I just dealt with it since I knew my Mac was pretty old and I even got conformation from someone on this forum when it first happened that my computer needs the legacy edition. However after the recent updates to ts4 I started desperately searching to see if I could figure out how to make the normal game work with my computer.

Side note: I kinda started doing this because I recently got ts2 and I had to look at my Mac stats in more detail to make sure it would work, and I found that my computer is indeed 64 bit which I thought was what you needed for the normal version of the game. 

After reading some articles on the official EA website everything I can see says that my computer should be able to run the normal 64 bit version of ts4 on my Mac. However, i do not get the option to do so through Origin. From what I've read on the forums it looks like the option will not appear if you have a 32 bit operating system, but this is obviously not true because as far as I can tell I have a 64 bit operating system. Please let me know if this is wrong because I'm aware that I'm not super tech savvy but according to what I've read my computer meets the requirements. I have also seen that ts4 only supports Metal Mac computers, however from what I have seen on the EA website, my computer does support metal. If this isn't true please let me know, but I can find nothing on the articles listed below that say my computer can't run the normal version of the game. Thank you so much if you can help me in any way (even if you're just telling me I'm stupid and obviously my computer isn't what I think it is), I really appreciate it! Standard smile

Here are the articles i was looking at with all the information on system requirements and how to get rid of legacy edition, and I have also attached screenshots of my stats and what happens when I follow the directions in the article.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-system-requirements/#mac

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/when-to-use-the-sims-4-64-bit-or-32-bit-version/ 

Message 510 of 849 (522 Views)