Re: can't get online on Sims 4

by caitlynholly26

Original Post

Sims 4 internet with legacy and university

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello I just got the legacy update and university but now when I boot up sims the packs I don’t have don’t show up and university also does not. When I click on a pack I have it says to connect to the internet so I click connect than it says “UNABLE TO CONNECT online access disabled” and I don’t know how to fix it please help. i am also on a mac. 

Message 91 of 849 (3,783 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

@kauling4  I've merged your post into the master thread for the Mac Legacy Edition.

To answer your questions, Discover University doesn't run in the LE.  If you don't have another computer on which to play it, you may want to get a refund.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Online features of TS4 are not available either.  That includes the Gallery and the ability to get information about packs or worlds you don't own from the in-game menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 92 of 849 (3,767 Views)

★★ Guide
@spencer10jax I'm going assume you have the 13" Macbook Air. The specs are at: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP678?locale=en_US

According to that your GPU is an Intel HD Graphics 5000. You should be able to get Metal support on that Mac by install macOS El Capital (10.11) or newer. At that point you will not be required to run the Legacy Edition. You MUST use a version of macOS that support Metal, and you must use it on hardware that supports Metal. Your current configuration supports one of these two requirements.
Message 93 of 849 (3,764 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@dzm06 Thank you so much I will do that and get back.
Message 94 of 849 (3,741 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you I love that we have this community/communication to help each other out about something we all have in common THE SIMS.
Message 95 of 849 (3,740 Views)
Highlighted

Re: can't get online on Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I did download the Legacy edition, I looked in the folder and nothing has come up in it. 

Message 96 of 849 (3,732 Views)

online not working sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Aside from my sims 4 will not allow me to go online, nor use the community gallery, it also will not allow me to play the discover university expansion pack after having purchased it. I have tried to repair the game and update it over 20 times, as well as having risked losing all of my progress and deleting my origin app on my mac to redownload it. I’m not sure what else I can do, I really am losing my patience.

Message 97 of 849 (3,735 Views)

Sims 4 Discover University not showing up in game

★★★ Novice

I purchased sims 4 discover university and it is not showing up in my game?

im on an OS X 10.10.5 (mid 2014) 

Message 98 of 849 (3,071 Views)

@dphie510  I've merged your post with the master thread on the Sims 4 Legacy Edition, which it sounds like you have.  The LE does not support the Gallery or any other online features, and Discover University won't run in it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 99 of 849 (3,724 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University not showing up in game

★★★ Novice

@_0sl0_f0x_ 

I'm having the same issue!

I pre-ordered University and Origin says it downloaded, but now it won't show up on my home-screen...

Does anyone know what to do?

Message 100 of 849 (3,042 Views)