by dzm06

Original Post

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★★ Novice

Were you able to get rid of the legacy edition

Message 30 of 849 (5,747 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

★★ Guide
@FionaGracePruitt Have you granted permission for The Sims 4 to have access to the Documents directory?
Message 31 of 849 (5,860 Views)

★★ Guide
@FionaGracePruitt As noted earlier in the thread - If you're on a Mac whose GPU doesn't support Metal, or if you're on a version of macOS that does not support Metal, then you'll be required to use Legacy Edition. You might be able to revert to an earlier release without Legacy Edition if you have a backup of your computer, but you won't be able to take any future patches.

Your best option for future support is, if your hardware supports Metal, to upgrade to at least macOS El Capitan (10.11) or newer.
Message 32 of 849 (5,740 Views)

Re: How can I download The Sims 4 Legacy edition for Mac?

★★★ Newbie

I had this tohow plsssssszssssssss tell me how to download legacy addition

Message 33 of 849 (5,952 Views)

Re: how do I activate The Sims 4 Legacy Edition once it is installed?

Hero
@macyshort Moving your post to the mac forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 849 (5,720 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@FionaGracePruitt Yes i was. I updated my mac to Catalina. Once it had done that i clicked on the original sims in origin and all played normally and the online gallery back xx
Message 35 of 849 (5,718 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@dzm06 I opened my Origin client and saw that there was an update available for The Sims 4, I downloaded it as normal and then attempted to start up the game resulting in a pop up window telling me about an initialization error saying I need to download the Legacy Edition from Origin. I did a quick search, found it, downloaded it, and then tried opening the game again, still with the same error message (only this time it didn't say I have to get the Legacy Edition because I had it by then)

Message 36 of 849 (5,831 Views)

Re: how do I activate The Sims 4 Legacy Edition once it is installed?

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @macyshort, there's no need for you to do any activations. If you downloaded and installed Legacy Edition, that should be it.

Would you mind copy/pasting or taking a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

Thank you,

-Mai

Message 37 of 849 (5,703 Views)

legacy edition - Saves and data missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Sims 4 game said I needed to download Legacy Edition to be able to play, which I did and when I entered the game all my previous data and saves are all gone!! I have already copied everything from my existing Sims 4 folder over to the new Legacy Edition one, but nothing is working and I don't know what to try next. I did some research about why I had to download Legacy Edition in the first place and it turns out my Mac is metal compatible and has Intel HD graphics, so why did I have to update? I'm wondering if any of you know how to get my lost data back, why I had to download legacy when my computer is compatible and are all of builds and families that I have on the gallery gone forever? This is really disappointing, especially considering I had been so excited to purchase Discover University only to find out I can't buy any new games. Frown Please help.

Message 38 of 849 (5,734 Views)

legacy edition mac compatible

★★★ Newbie

I'm pretty sure my Mac is compatible for 64 bit as I have Corei5, but I don't know what the "metal" component is. 

Can somebody let me know how to check?

This is what I found in About My Mac.

Message 39 of 849 (5,709 Views)