by dzm06

Original Post

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★★ Guide
@Aoqi888 Ahh. Bummer. Sorry about that.
Message 20 of 849 (4,650 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

Hero
@Arekkino Moved your post to the mac forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 849 (4,784 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Aoqi888 I have the same problem... does that mean that this is it for us? I play on an older Mac, but I paid good money for the game and a lot of extra stuff... and now we are dismissed just like that? This is absurd!
Message 22 of 849 (4,626 Views)

★★ Guide
@Arekkino I'm confused, you downloaded the Legacy Edition, then got an error about requiring Legacy Edition, except not asking you to download Legacy Edition?

What is the actual error you see?
Message 23 of 849 (4,783 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@HangryYeti And to announce that it will take effect on a massively hyped pack three days before it's released. It's a crappy thing to do especially considering how many people pre-ordered. It's upsetting.
I guess a positive is that mods won't constantly break on updates on Legacy. Because there are no updates.
Message 24 of 849 (4,622 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 Got it working Standard smile soon as the update on mac was done went on origin open sims 4 and can now access the online features again and back to original sims 4 not legacy. Thank you for your help Standard smile
Message 25 of 849 (4,653 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pr1nc3ssam13 Excellent! Thanks for reporting back.

I'm glad your hardware can support Metal and you'll have many years of happy Simming ahead of you. Cheers!
Message 26 of 849 (4,649 Views)

Re: forced legacy edition on os catalina

★★ Guide
@JenniferFerSure Are you certain you were forced to download the Legacy Edition? If you completed the install, what is the version number at the bottom of the Main Menu screen?
Message 27 of 849 (4,611 Views)

how do I activate The Sims 4 Legacy Edition once it is installed?

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I am messaging you on how to activate the Sims 4 Legacy Edition on my macOS. I tired to open The Sims 4 once I installed the Legacy Edition. However, it told me I was missing data... I have no Idea what data it was talking about. Can you please help me fix this so I may continue to play the sims?

Thank you in advance.

Message 28 of 849 (4,642 Views)

★★ Novice
@Arekkino I had an issue after downloading the legacy edition today. I was able to start the game up but none of my previous saved games are there when I open it it’s like I never played before
Message 29 of 849 (4,757 Views)