Re: The Sims 4 - Mac: Game Won't Update

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The Sims 4 - Mac: Game Won't Update

★★★ Newbie

When I open Origin and try to open The Sims 4, it tells me I need an update before playing. Whenever I click update, it says verifying game files for about a minute and then it says "Update Failed" can someone please tell me wtf to do??????

Message 1 of 3 (7,344 Views)

Champion

There are two things to try.

1) Try resetting Origin. 

2) Try moving the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. Since you didn't tell us if you use Mods or CC, outdated Mods and CC will cause the game not to start or update. Do NOT delete this folder as it contains all your saved games. If the game updates then before adding back your saves and other content, start the game and create a new Sim. Play for about an hour to make sure no other issues are present. You'll need to check with the websites, blogs, sites that you downloaded your Mods and CC from to make sure they are compatible with the latest update. 

Please report back.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (7,273 Views)

@reesebambridge45

You can find the Origin reset tool that @Tremayne4260 is referring to here - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

A super repair may work if the Origin reset tool doesn’t:

1) In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
2) Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
3) Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
4) Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (7,262 Views)