The Sims 4 Mac Freeze

by Typface

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Mac Freeze

★★★★ Novice

So, I JUST got The Sims 4 and I was really looking forward to the game. Let me explain what happened as I wasn't able to play it. The Sims 4 opened up completely normally, and then I was able to create a new Sim. Once that was over, I had to get a household, and this is where things got bad. Once I created a household, the Sim is supposed to go to it and be in The Sims world, but instead while it loads it simply freezes, the music stops and for some reason a Terminal window opens up, with the exact same name as my Sims 4 game. If I were to quit the Terminal window, the whole game closes. Please do help!

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

- Edward

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Mac Freeze

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help but I decided to just re-download the game and maybe try a repair afterwards! I saw your thread by the way, it's great!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (333 Views)

All Replies

@Typface

Can you take a screenshot of the window that pops up?

Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help but I decided to just re-download the game and maybe try a repair afterwards! I saw your thread by the way, it's great!

Message 3 of 4 (334 Views)

@Typface

Great Standard smile 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)