The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: how do I activate The Sims 4 Legacy Edition once it is installed?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_MaiI haven't deleted my original "Sims 4" file, to answer your question.

Should I have?

Message 51 of 849 (4,381 Views)

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

★ Novice

If your mac doesn't support metal, and you can only have sims 4 legacy edition, that means that you won't be able to every use the online gallery and you won't be able to buy sims 4 university or any other future packs.

Message 52 of 849 (4,354 Views)

Rif.: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★ Novice
@Julyamala No solutions yet?
Message 53 of 849 (4,334 Views)

Rif.: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★★★ Novice
@neh116399 nope, I think we have to tell it to the creators (i think they already know it) because so many people are having this issue.
Message 54 of 849 (4,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is actually beyond a joke. thats sims gone for me then. 

Message 55 of 849 (4,299 Views)

★★★ Novice

me too. this has just become so stupid, i spent all that money and time for this?!

Message 56 of 849 (4,289 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★ Novice

a * joke

Message 57 of 849 (4,285 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem. I couldn't play Sims 4 anymore so I downloaded the Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac, and the same error message appears. 

I have Macbook Pro, OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.15, 15-inch, Late 2008. I have read that the Legacy Edition should work for older Mac's so I can't get my head around what's wrong. 

Message 58 of 849 (4,253 Views)

Re: Legacy Edition doesn't start

@kimamankwaa

You now have a Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder in your Documents > Electronic Arts folder right? If you move that folder to your desktop does the Legacy version load again?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 59 of 849 (4,286 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Legacy Edition

★★★★★ Newbie
@dkberry29 I am in the exact same situation and i'm furious. Ive owned every sim game (not every pack but every game even 1) and have fond memories of playing them all. Now I've got a game I paid good money for but can't play it because they moved to an online platform (origin) instead of us owning the game outright like previous editions.

I literally just build villages using homes from the gallery and then decorate them and edit them. So the game is now useless to me. I still haven't even got my old game playing even after following the copy and paste instructions.

I don't know, I guess this is a sign that I'm too old for the sims and should just delete origin and move on. I'm hardly going to buy a new Mac.
Message 60 of 849 (4,218 Views)