The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Do I have to keep the Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

@RainbowCookiePop  Your saves will be transferrable to the new laptop, yes.  You'd need to manually copy over the saves, so be sure to make backups when you're ready.  Saves are located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and saves that have been played in the LE can run in the standard version of Sims 4, although it doesn't work the other way around.

And almost any new laptop you'd buy should run the standard version of Sims 4.  There are a few low-end models, and a few ultraportable ones (like tablets but with a keyboard) that wouldn't support the standard edition, but a true gaming laptop should be fine.  If you'd like advice on a new laptop, or just want a second opinion on its specs, feel free to post here, in the Mac section, or in the PC tech section of the Sims 4 forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 411 of 849 (611 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition Not in Library

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Oh duh, that's what I get for not scrolling to the bottom.  Thank you!  I see it there and am downloading it now.  Hopefully all goes well.  Here's my computer info for why I might need the LE:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 4.28.57 PM.png

Message 412 of 849 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aliciamsu  Yes, you do in fact need the LE, because your computer's hardware doesn't support Metal.  Running El Capitan or later is necessary but not sufficient.  And there's unfortunately no way to upgrade your Mac to support Metal either.

Message 413 of 849 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah I see.  Of course there's no Mac upgrade...  Oh well, Legacy is now installed and running fine.  Thank so much for your help!

Message 414 of 849 (760 Views)

Re: I can’t see anything on the Sims 4 gallery

★ Novice

Ok thanks anyway 🙃

Message 415 of 849 (744 Views)

Re: how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but sifting through 38 pages worth of comments was too overwhelming!

I am using an old macbook pro (2010) macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I have downloaded the legacy edition a few times now, and generally play without any issues. I recently  downloaded the legacy edition again after I had to update Sims in Origin and now my Sims won't open and keeps coming up with the dialogue box that I need to download legacy, even though when I go to download it (again) I only have the option of pressing "play" (as I have already downloaded it). I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin which hasn't helped. Reluctant to uninstall Sims 4 to reinstall as I will lose my data. 

Halp!

Message 416 of 849 (653 Views)

Re: how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

@NBK1602

Your saves should be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Are they in there?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 417 of 849 (646 Views)

Expansion pack not showing up in game

★★ Novice

Hi I just downloaded the sims 4 Star Wars expansion pack and it says it’s downloaded but it won’t show up in the game. Please help

Message 418 of 849 (740 Views)

Re: Expansion pack not showing up in game

@plague_boi7  What version of Sims 4 are you running?  Load the game to the Main Menu (where you'd choose to load a save or create a new one), and look along the bottom of the game window.  Please list the full version, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 419 of 849 (726 Views)

Re: Expansion pack not showing up in game

★★ Novice

Version 1.66.139.1620

Message 420 of 849 (719 Views)