The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack not showing up in-game

@Tarazia  Sorry, but your Mac doesn't support Metal, meaning it can't run the standard edition of Sims 4.  The Legacy Edition is your only option to play, and Discover University won't run.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 121 of 849 (936 Views)

Re: Legacy Edition doesn't start

★★★★ Apprentice
@kimamankwaa Someone suggested change the game language in the Origin client, then changing it back which will force the game to re-something something...
Message 122 of 849 (1,000 Views)

Gallery problems

★★★★ Novice

Every time I try and open the gallery the only thing that shows up is my library and I can't see the amount of downloads I have. The only thing that is actually visible is the things I have previously downloaded. There is no option for me to look at things published to the gallery like there is normally. The only tab is my library. I have a mac yosmite by the way.

Message 123 of 849 (963 Views)

Re: Can I stop using Legacy Edition on Mac?

@lenidav  Unfortunately, your Mac doesn't support Metal.  So it won't run the standard version of Sims 4; you're stuck with the Legacy Edition.

Message 124 of 849 (953 Views)

Re: Sims 4 does not launch in macOS Sierra

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem

• Have you installed The Sims 4 Legacy Edition?: YES
  • Your Mac: MacBook Pro (15 inch, Early 2011)
  • macOS: Sierra version 10.12.6
  • Graphics card: AMD Readon HD 6750M 1024 MB
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2,2 Ghz

Before it ran perfectly, but now wit The Sims 4 Legacy Edition NOT :-(

Message 125 of 849 (962 Views)

Sims 4 Not Connecting Online

★★ Novice

So I recently downloaded the discover university expansion pack along with the legacy edition, and the problem I'm having is it's saying it will not connect to online access?

I've looked at all of the forums I could, and I really don't know what to do at this point.

Here are the things I've done so far:

I've restarted and shut down my Mac

Uninstalled, and reinstalled the Sims

"Repaired" the Sims

I'm running as an administrator

Taken all of the CC and Mods out of the folder

Please help me with this issue! 

Message 126 of 849 (939 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

@ThatsBill  I've merged your post into the master thread for the Sims 4 Legacy Edition (Mac version).  The LE doesn't have any online features, including access to the Gallery; and it doesn't run Discover University.  Sorry.

Message 127 of 849 (912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Oh, but this also affects my whole game though?

It doesnt show the discover university on the list of my dlcs, and it doesn't have any of my saved games

Message 128 of 849 (1,132 Views)

@ThatsBill  Yes, this affects your whole game.  Discover University isn't available in the Legacy Edition; even if your account owns it, the pack won't load.

For your saves, they're not being read because the Legacy Edition uses a different game folder than the standard edition.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, highlight all the files, right-click and select Copy; then go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy Edition\saves, delete anything you see there (these would be brand new saves you'd only just created), right-click in the empty space, and select Paste.  Your old saves will now be available to load.  Do the same for the contents of the Tray folder to get your builds and saved households back.

Message 129 of 849 (1,124 Views)

university not working

★ Novice

Please help

I have just brought sims university and my sims wouldn't load so I updated it and downloaded the legacy update which it holds me to do to work but university isn't showing up at all. please help 

Message 130 of 849 (872 Views)