The Sims 4 Mac Legacy Edition thread

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

expansion packs not in game

★ Novice

i just purchased and installed Sims4 University. everything went smoothly and origin says the expansion pack is installed.

however, when i launch the game, the expansion pack is completely absent.

i tried updating my game and repairing it.

Message 361 of 849 (902 Views)

Re: expansion packs not in game

@shrimpworm

Are you running the Legacy Edition? If so this explains why it's not showing up - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 362 of 849 (854 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As someone who is 

1. Bored out of their mind because of work shutdowns

2. Was a huge fan of Sims 2 and the ability to mod and the expansion packs, and frequently posted custom objects on ModtheSims2 back in the day.

3. Is a huge fan of Sims YTers like Plumbella and LilSimsie and was inspired by them to get the game after over a decade of not playing.

You all are telling me that I get no opportunity to exchange/use the gallery (which is half the d**n fun of the game, and no ability for expansion packs???)

EA, what the ever-loving ****? What kind of elitist, newest machine BS is this?

I'm currently running the game on an effing desktop iMac...yes it's from 2011, but it's running an AMD Radeon HD 6750M and the base game absolutely won't let me run without the LE. For G-ds sake, I run and buffer 3-d models and objects in Maya on this thing. Kinda feels like y'all are just being a little lazy, what a let down after all these years.

Message 363 of 849 (1,151 Views)

How do I uninstall Sims 4 legacy edition my Mac?

★ Novice

I have a 64 bit Mac that is updated to MacOS High Sierra, which based on my research, can support Sims 4 without legacy edition. I downloaded it when it first came out, assuming my computer was too old to handle it if the notification popped up. However, I checked my computer earlier and it appears I don't need it. I tried to uninstall it by uninstalling the game and taking the legacy edition file out, but it just added a new one. I had even checked the box that I didn't want it to download Legacy Edition. How do I get back to playing regular Sims 4 without that pesky legacy edition?

Message 364 of 849 (960 Views)

Re: How do I uninstall Sims 4 legacy edition my Mac?

@Malia_Alana7 

All Macs and versions of macOS since 2007-ish have been capable of running 64-bit apps. The important part for Mac users is whether your Mac is Metal compatible or not. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

If your Mac supports Metal and you have Legacy Edition installed it will not run the LE, it will run the current version.

More info on the LE here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 365 of 849 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you for your help. I have MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011). It has a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 for memory, and Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB for graphics. I have already tried to repair, update, and uninstall and reinstall without legacy edition.

Message 366 of 849 (906 Views)

@Malia_Alana7

Thanks. Your Mac doesn't support Metal so you have to run the Legacy Edition Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 367 of 849 (894 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thanks for your help. That's too bad, but I'll get used to playing without a gallery.
Message 368 of 849 (891 Views)

Mac Users Unable to Download Certain Packs

★★★ Newbie

Why can't EA release a product that is available to everyone? Not wait a year for EP, GP, & SP to be updated to whatever Metal thing Sims 4 Mac users have. Or say something when I buy the pack that says it isn't available for Mac users yet. Release a product and make it available to everybody or don't release the product! Can someone answer my question about when packs like Discover University will be available for Mac products?

Message 369 of 849 (921 Views)

Re: Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

★★★ Newbie

were you able to fix it?

Message 370 of 849 (1,047 Views)