Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Unable to start [5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. My niece plays on my account from the mac PC and at first origin would never let me install all the packs I purchased on the PC until a few days ago. Now that it's downloaded, I am having issues opening the game and I'm getting the same error telling me Origin is unable to open sims because I need to download the legacy edition when I have it installed already. So I don't know what else to do.

Message 451 of 849 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I am super confused about what Sims 4 I can run on my Macbook pro, here's my specs and story of installing:

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.1

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

Processor - 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I cannot figure out if my Mac supports Metal, I am not very tech savvy, but I have read that if you have Catalina installed that it means it must support it to have it installed? I recently got the computer second hand. I had bought the Sims 4 on disc (I did not know what origin was, lol) and installed it on my desktop mac, this forced me to install the legacy edition. i then bought the Macbook, downloaded and logged into the same origin account i had on the desktop and just started downloading the sims 4 from there, it downloaded the legacy edition. i just bought packs that i didn't know were not supported on legacy edition. can anyone help me out here? i am really kinda pissed that I've spent so much on these packs that i cannot run. 

Message 452 of 849 (891 Views)
Highlighted

@hannna18

Your Mac does not support Catalina but has had it hacked by the previous owner to install it.

You will not be able to run the current version of the game because your graphics card does not support Metal and you will also not be able to install the Legacy Edition because it has a 32-bit executable file which will not run in Catalina.

You need to wipe the Mac and reinstall an earlier OS.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 453 of 849 (890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank-you so much for the reply. I have been using the legacy edition on the Macbook in question, just fine, it runs perfectly! The packs were the only thing that made me question anything. I have even installed the older packs without issue. I think this computer is a lil bit of a revamped mess, nothing is making sense with it.

Message 454 of 849 (886 Views)

@hannna18

That’s interesting, thanks! I wonder if EA have removed the dependence on the ActivationUI file which was the 32-bit file in question.

Yeah, you will be able to run packs up to and including Realm of Magic but none of the Metal required packs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 455 of 849 (888 Views)

PROBLEMS WITH AN EXPANSION PACK

★★★★ Novice

Product: Los Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1620
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 1. Discover University 2. get to work 3. Cats & Dogs 4. Vampires 5 Laundry day 6 Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know but I want to play universities, if possible, to be able to change to the edition that is compatible with the sims that have been released after September 2019
What happens when the bug occurs? I have problems with the discover university pack and it is that I have the sims 4 digital deluxe, and they say that this is the legacy edition, how can I change the digital deluxe, for the standard edition?
What do you expect to see? if possible, be able to change to the edition that is compatible with the sims that have been released after September 2019
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The captures are in Spanish, because I have the origin application in Spanish

Message 456 of 849 (794 Views)

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AN EXPANSION PACK

@HOLLYWOOD1890 

According to your version you are running the Legacy Edition so Discover University is not available to play. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 457 of 849 (756 Views)

December 7, 2020 Update for Sims 4 Not Showing Up

★★ Novice

I have Sims 4 on Origin on my Mac laptop, but I can't seem to get the new update. I've tried to manually select the option to update the game and it just says that the game is up to date. When I open the game, I don't have the new content (the new skin tones) and I don't know how to get it.

Message 458 of 849 (916 Views)

Re: December 7, 2020 Update for Sims 4 Not Showing Up

@LovingSimsLife 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 459 of 849 (867 Views)

Re: December 7, 2020 Update for Sims 4 Not Showing Up

★★★ Novice
@LovingSimsLife heyy, this is one of the replies ive seen relating to mac but i know its not related in anyway to what your asking (sorry) but can you pleaseee tell me how you got sims downloaded on mac? sorry for this not answering ur question hahah
Message 460 of 849 (843 Views)