Re: I can’t see anything on the Sims 4 gallery

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

@BM8BM  Is your computer running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  The LE doesn't have access to the Gallery.  To double-check, please let me know your game version.  Among other places, you can find it along the bottom of the Main Menu, where you choose to load a save or start a new one.  Please list the full version, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 401 of 849 (824 Views)

★ Novice

My game is running on LE so how do I fix it? Also do you still need my game running thing?

Message 402 of 849 (796 Views)

@BM8BM  I don't need the game version if you're sure you're running the LE; that was just in case you didn't know how to figure it out.  Whether you can switch back to the standard version of Sims 4 depends on your computer's specs.  If it runs Windows, you can try telling Origin to run the 64-bit version.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and select 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  Then right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, for good measure.

If you can't run the 64-bit version, whether you don't see the option or the game throws an error (let me know which one), please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you happen to have a Mac, please post its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 403 of 849 (776 Views)

★ Novice

2009 27 inch Mac processor 2.8 GHZ intel core i7 memory 4 GB 1067 MHZ DDR3 OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Message 404 of 849 (693 Views)

@BM8BM  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 Mac section.

Unfortunately, your Mac doesn't support Metal, which means it can't run the standard version of Sims 4, and you're stuck with the Legacy Edition.  There's no way to upgrade the Mac to support Metal either.  So you won't be able to use the Gallery or the other online features.

Message 405 of 849 (683 Views)

Do I have to keep the Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

★★ Novice

Hello, I have the Sims 4 but whenever I downloaded it, it forces me to play the legacy edition? Do i need it for my mac? I'm sad because i recently bought the discover university pack and a few other expansion packs. But I can't even go on the gallery, play the discover university, and it lags. Frown Please help I would love to play the Sims 4 but I'm not sure if I need the legacy edition and how to get rid of it. My Mac is a 64-bit and here's the other details: macOs Sierra imac,Mid 2010

Version 10.12.6 Processor:3.06 GHz Intel Core i3

Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Message 406 of 849 (697 Views)

Sims 4 Legacy Edition Not in Library

★★ Novice

Hi, I'm trying to play Sims 4 (up to date as of today) but I'm getting the error that the Legacy Edition is required.  No problem, I've already downloaded it months ago and it shows as "purchased" in my account.  But when I click "show in library" it's not there.  Any idea how to download it again?  I'm not sure why it's required anyway, since my Mac OS meets the required specs.  I'm running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, 8GB RAM, 52 GB free space.  Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Message 407 of 849 (708 Views)

Re: Do I have to keep the Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

@RainbowCookiePop  Yes, unfortunately you're stuck with the Legacy Edition.  Your Mac is a little too old to support Metal, and there's no way to upgrade it to do so.

If you're planning on keeping this machine for a while longer, you may at least be able to upgrade the memory, which should help with the lag to some degree.  This site suggests you could install up to 16 GB total, although even 8 GB would be an improvement.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201191#2

RAM is cheap these days, and it's easy to install in a computer that allows for it.  If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, you could have a computer store perform the upgrade instead.  But be sure to double-check that your exact model Mac will take the RAM you want before you order it.  And to be clear, this can help somewhat with lag, but it's not a miracle solution.

Since you just bought Discover University and your computer can't run it, you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are generally not eligible for refunds, support has been making exceptions in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 408 of 849 (691 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition Not in Library

@aliciamsu  I've moved your post to the Mac section.  The Legacy Edition is treated as an add-on, not a separate game, and it's installed as a download in addition to the standard version of Sims 4 rather than a standalone game.  Click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library and select Extra Content.  Among the packs should be the LE.

As for whether your Mac needs the LE or not, the operating system is only one part of the equation.  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 409 of 849 (705 Views)

Re: Do I have to keep the Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help! Standard smile I will be getting a gaming laptop soon. Will I be able to get my progress back on there? And will I be able to play the regular Sims 4?

Message 410 of 849 (685 Views)